CCW private class, who wants in?

88lx5oh

i composed a list as of now...

The list is as follows, and i will update accordingly. these are people i know are 100% interested and want to attend. if you asked about it and are not on the list, just please post again stating you are infact definately wanting to attend. I will need your $25 non refundable deposit by sunday december 6th. Ill take cash in person or Paypal (you cover the % for the transfer) for payment, PM me for a time to meet up, or my paypal address.

CR = columbus racing member

OR = ohio riders member

P = Paid deposit

1. My self (P)

2. FormulaMatt (CR)(P)

3. Jordan (one of my friends from work)(P)

4. Ben/He Hate MEe (CR)

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR)

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR)

9. Jagr (OR)

Hey Hoblick, can you add my dad to the list? Thanks man

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW UPDATED LIST>>>

OR = ohio riders member

P = Paid deposit

1. My self (P)

2. FormulaMatt (CR)(P)

4. Ben/He Hate MEe (CR)

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR)

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR)

9. OH8STI's Dad(CR)

10. Jagr (OR)

11. 1Fast5gp (CR)

12. AngryBMW (CR)

13. Justalilow

I am in and will possibly have another friend with me. Ryan, i'll get you the money this week.

I know you said the caliber doesnt matter but can someone bring a .22?

-Marc

yes you can bring a 22.

he said some people do just cause the ammo is cheap.

and actually i may be lending the sig 22. fr someone to take the course with

NEW UPDATED LIST>>>

OR = ohio riders member

P = Paid deposit

1. My self (P)

2. FormulaMatt (CR)(P)

4. Ben/He Hate MEe (CR)

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR)

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR)

9. OH8STI's Dad(CR)

10. Jagr (OR)

11. 1Fast5gp (CR)

12. AngryBMW (CR)

13. Justalilow

you working today? I can get you the money today. Better yet, wanna meet me somehwere if your not working?!!

NEW UPDATED LIST 2>>>

OR = ohio riders member

P = Paid deposit

1. My self (P)

2. FormulaMatt (CR)(P)

4. Ben/He Hate MEe (CR)

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR)

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR)

9. OH8STI's Dad(CR)

10. Jagr (OR)

11. 1Fast5gp (CR)

12. AngryBMW (CR)

13. Justalilow (CR)

14. Hwilli (CR)

Would this be overkill for somebody just looking to get more familiar with handling pistols? I'd be interested for my dad, I bought him an S&W MP .45 for his 50th last year and he's always been a rifle/shotgun guy...

maybe/ maybe not

there is only 2 hours of range time.

id ask someone who has already taken the class and see what they say.

someone chime in here

CCW classes are a pretty good intro to handguns IMO. They should teach all the fundamentals of shooting, safety, and function.

CCW classes will go over that stuff a little, but its more of "heres where you can and cant carry, heres why you cant blast someone in the head if they want to throw some punches at you, heres how you can carry in your car, openly". etc

this guy is pretty cool. i would say of the 12 hour day, it was 3 hours of learning/laws, 2 hours range time (which you might be shooting for 15 minutes...and take extra ammo because he has to be out there for 2 hours, so you can shoot after everyone is done), 1.5 hours of lunch/driving to the range/driving back, and 6 hours of chatting and bullshitting

make sure he busts out the uzi's when you get back from the range, and he may give you guys the chance for someone to get tazered if you agree to it (in which case, PLEASE someone take a camera and get video for CR).

CCW classes will go over that stuff a little, but its more of "heres where you can and cant carry, heres why you cant blast someone in the head if they want to throw some punches at you, heres how you can carry in your car, openly". etc

this guy is pretty cool. i would say of the 12 hour day, it was 3 hours of learning/laws, 2 hours range time (which you might be shooting for 15 minutes...and take extra ammo because he has to be out there for 2 hours, so you can shoot after everyone is done), 1.5 hours of lunch/driving to the range/driving back, and 6 hours of chatting and bullshitting

make sure he busts out the uzi's when you get back from the range, and he may give you guys the chance for someone to get tazered if you agree to it (in which case, PLEASE someone take a camera and get video for CR).

i want this

another update

OR = ohio riders member

1. My self PAID

2. FormulaMatt (CR) PAID

3. Jordan (one of my friends from work)PAID

4. Ben/He Hate Me (CR) PAID

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR) PAID

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR) PAID

9. OH8STI's Dad(CR) PAID

10. OH8STI's Friend 2 (CR) PAID

11. Jagr (OR)

12. 1Fast5gp (CR)

13. AngryBMW (CR)

14. Justalilow (CR) PAID

15. Hwilli (CR)

16. DarkFormula (CR)

17. DarkFormula's Wife (CR)

18. TwistedFocus's Wife (CR) PAID

19. RMTC's friend Arthur Coleman (CR)

there is 1 spot left, and im almost positive i have someone ready to take that spot.

im closing the list off at 20 people.. everyone must have there deposit paid by sunday or your off the list. and i wont be taking any more entries after that unless the list is under 10

Edited by 88lx5oh

I guess it depends on your class, we spent a ton of time going over the basics. That's a good thing too, half the class had never shot a gun before.

a few questions people were asking.

for lunch...

he splits the range time up into 2 classes. so if your not on the range you have that time to go eat. there are fast food and resturaunts near the range.

the address of the class.. you need to be there by 8a.m.

18 N. Main St

Mechanicsburg, OH 43044

(it is a police/fire station)

ill be car pooling with a few people myself, so maybe get together with another member and save yourself some gas

what you need to bring with you.

pistol, atleast 50 rounds of ammo, eye protection, ear protection, bring a holster if you have one but its not required.