Stuck on Deadmau5

Farkas

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EFg9RhM1Ox8/SjMn2yvZsyI/AAAAAAAAABo/9zDOxPNDQKc/s400/deadmau5.jpg

Don't know who he is? You will. Honestly, I think Joel Zimmerman(Deadmau5) is going to take over.. He's already swept through the entire progressive house and electro house scene, what's next? He might only be ranked #12 on the world's DJ list, but he's grown a rediculous amount this past 6 months since I started watching him about 2 years ago.

I mean god damn, watch his intro from Hard Haunted Mansion Los Angeles 2008.. what I would've done to be here

Couple of my Fav songs:

Ghosts N' Stuff(feat. Rob Swire)

The Reward Is More Cheese

Strobe

Arguru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8dEF9yCW4s

Oh, and yes I'm holding out on some of you guys.. I've got a couple unreleased tracks I won't mention ;)

Edited by Farkas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not hardcore about the scene, but i am into the music, have been for about 10 years.

i think this guys pretty sick.

whats the genre called where the dj's will take a hit song and lay their beats/style over it?

that's the shit i usually like the most.

i'm not hardcore about the scene, but i am into the music, have been for about 10 years.

i think this guys pretty sick.

whats the genre called where the dj's will take a hit song and lay their beats/style over it?

that's the shit i usually like the most.

It wouldn't be a Genre, But if you're talking about the type of mash-ups that Super Smash Bros do, then its most commonly called, "Dubbing" or "Dubs." It's an art of Turntablism, that's actually pretty competitive between people who take it seriously. I forget what the record is for most vinyls played in one hour in such a style, but it's over 100 IIRC.

Link me to an example, I'm not sure exactly what you might be talking about though. There's Dubs, There's Remixes, Remakes, etc.

He's one of my stations on Slacker. I think some of his stuff is pure brilliance. I will admit though that a small portion of his work is really only best suited for a club environment such as "The reward is more cheese" listed above.

But for the most part I very much approve.

He's one of my stations on Slacker. I think some of his stuff is pure brilliance. I will admit though that a small portion of his work is really only best suited for a club environment such as "The reward is more cheese" listed above.

But for the most part I very much approve.

Pure brilliance is my thought as well. A lot of people disagree, too. While I can agree why they would say he really brings nothing new to the table, and a lot of his hooks and melodies are quite predictable, it's the fashion and twist that he brings it to everyone. Personally, I hear a lot of 8-bit influenced basslines and synths, as well as a lot of dirty electro melodies.. to me, it's win-win. And to be fair, the majority of his tracks are all suited for the club as you noted about More Cheese. He touches on such a wide selection of styles it's almost outrageous.. really hard to just pin him as an electro-house artist because he's quite progressive and minimal at times.

i think this is the concert i dropped acid at...im having a refla..erq.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip245555555555555555gnvqjleeeeeedms,/KLFJJJJJILHQODAAFKLNSGOUIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRACNSKJHRNOUIEGHFNQKJER..sh