late night brain storm

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

IS300 plus ls1/t56..i did a search and cant seem to find anyone that has done it....im sure someone has done this to a poopra....

anyone know of any kits for this? maybe i found something to market :cool:

I'm not sure that there's much of a demand for something like this. IS300 owners are fairly methodical with their modifications (NA-T, GTE swap).

It's a good thought, but I don't see there being enough of a market to make this extremely lucrative.

x3 ull make more power with a 2jz with a big single :lol: mmmm sexy

But will it get 28 mpg on the highway, make 300ft-lbs off idle, loaf at 1200rpms, have cheap parts, and run 200k miles before maybe needing to be opened up?

yes

Bullcrap. How much torque does a 2jz make off-boost compared to an LS1? Hmm, maybe 175 or 200lb-ft? How much does it make between 800-1500 rpm? That's where I drive, so that's where I want my torque damnit! And you know what, if I want to wind it out to 6500, I should be able to do that with the same motor!

Bullcrap. How much torque does a 2jz make off-boost compared to an LS1? Hmm, maybe 175 or 200lb-ft? How much does it make between 800-1500 rpm? That's where I drive, so that's where I want my torque damnit! And you know what, if I want to wind it out to 6500, I should be able to do that with the same motor!

Good thing about a 2jz is that it has 2 turbos, so you dont have to worry about driving off boost, unless you want to save fuel, then you can do that too. It makes 300ft lbs if not more, sure a 2jz expert will jump in here. You drive like an old fart, i bet turbos hate you for trying to keep the engine rpm's too low, which result in turbo rpm's going up. 6500rpm? What the fuck is that weak ass shit? 7000 is where its at.

You drive like an old fart, i bet turbos hate you for trying to keep the engine rpm's too low, which result in turbo rpm's going up. 6500rpm? What the fuck is that weak ass shit? 7000 is where its at.

Yeah, I can get the old girl up over 7000 every now and then, but 90% of my driving occurs below 2000 until I run out of gear, then I have no choice. I need a small 2nd turbo on my shit to get me spooled from idle- 2000, then the K24 can take care of the rest. Not worth the effort though, I'd rather just have a nice big V8 and tall gearing. The seat of the pants knows what it wants, and low-compression, off-boost, <200lb-ft motors aren't going to cut it. I did look at a couple dyno charts of 2JZs, and they're around 160 lb-ft off boost around 2000ish. That's weak as hell for a sports car. Your S4 makes over 250 from nearly off-idle, that's why it feels so good around town. I move that power 1500rpm up, and you'll hate it.

A nice small block tuned to around 75hp/liter (in your speak) would work just fine for me on the street. Even better, a nice mild 300hp small block with a couple psi when I want it. Perfect!

I got your Audi 100 motor right here! Oh, and how come your fancy new BIGGER Audi S4 motor with an extra turbo can only manage the same factory rated torque (but at 100 lower rpm) as my old, crappy, tiny, turbo-lagging S4 motor? Oh well, at least my turbo still works after 180k+ miles. How are your original turbos again? :) :) ;)

Awesome. If I could get one into an Audi without having totally wrong gearing and a nose-heavy pusher I'd be set. Not sure that will ever happen :(

I and the rest of the Audi community would hate you forever. Unless you put it in a non-turbo car i guess it would be ok.