Best Place to buy Crate 302(88 Ranger GT build)

ShoMeSomeFun

I know I could just rebuild my current 302... again but I just want something brand new and with a warranty.

I need to find a 302 with just around 370 hp and around $4500. And come with some type of warranty.

If anyone knows where I can get started on looking for one of these I would appreciate it, my internet time is limited here in Afghanistan.

Edited by ShoMeSomeFun
Updated

• 4 weeks later...
now i dont know much about this company but heres the link

http://www.phoenixengine.com/Ford-02.html

Went ahead and bought the Power 3 engine with aluminum heads expected delivery date of feb 2. The motor is the turnkey version blue printed and balanced and dynoed for a little under $5000.

Also have a 8.8 rearend on the way with an/auburn unit coming, and looking at fuel cells as well to install.

Entire body is off the frame as of right now. I get pics uploaded as soon as my dad takes them.(Currently Im in Afghanistan)

Now I have to find altenator/power steering brackets for a 302 from 1984 and all years below 84. Reason being is that Phoenix uses timing cases for 64-84 302s.

Where is the best place to find these brackets with a nice finish to them, and is there a way I can just buy a whole kit w/everything to go on the front of the motor?

Thanks.

Guest Removed
swap the timing cover out, and use all your stuff. only big difference is the water pump heights. only thing with the older covers is it had the boss drilled for the fuel pump on the side. the new ones have the boss, it just not drilled.

Yea I thought of doing that but since Im spending all this money on a 200 dollar truck I thought that I should just go ahead and get nice brackets and was looking for a place that sells the complete set of brackets and pulleys (minus the ac).

Once again thanks for the input.

IMO..you want some nice stuff...by a march kit with pulleys and brackets

+1

But why get a warranty? Peice it together yourself have M and M Do the machine work and know how it works is better than a warranty. If its done right under your watchful eye you will learn the ins and outs and be educated in the process. For much less money.

302 HO after 87 plus boost and MLS gaskets can make 400hp forever.

+1

But why get a warranty? Peice it together yourself have M and M Do the machine work and know how it works is better than a warranty. If its done right under your watchful eye you will learn the ins and outs and be educated in the process. For much less money.

302 HO after 87 plus boost and MLS gaskets can make 400hp forever.

Wish I was home and could do it that way. However Im not so might as well buy nice parts and make it easier for my dad to put it together at his shop.