Cincy vs. Pitt

evan9381

I honestly think TCU can compete with anyone in the country because they are a complete team. They've always had a nice defense under Patterson but now they've developed a solid offense to go with it and you see the results. Oregon St., WVU and Pitt are definitely quality opponents for Cincy but so were BYU and Utah for TCU. All of those teams I'd put on the same level of competition so Cincy played 1 more quality opponent than TCU and over the course of their seasons 1 more bowl team. I don't think 1 more good team on the schedule accounts for the difference in margin of victory though... especially when the margin of victory was so large against their toughest opponents.

I certainly don't disagree. Alabama seems to be only team with an ultimate clear case for anything, I could have it a few other ways for any of the other teams. This year was just so... strange... in how scoring and statistics came down. Did you know Cincinnati is #120 - dead last - in time of possession? Yet still undefeated. It's a relatively benign statistic, but still makes you say "huh". Iowa is 80-somethingth in scoring, yet in the Orange Bowl... :lol:

I certainly don't disagree. Alabama seems to be only team with an ultimate clear case for anything, I could have it a few other ways for any of the other teams. This year was just so... strange... in how scoring and statistics came down. Did you know Cincinnati is #120 - dead last - in time of possession? Yet still undefeated. It's a relatively benign statistic, but still makes you say "huh". Iowa is 80-somethingth in scoring, yet in the Orange Bowl... :lol:

But Iowa faced 4 top 25 defenses this season.

But Iowa faced 4 top 25 defenses this season.

Agreed, I wasn't knocking Iowa. I'm glad they got the bid. Interestingly as well I read earlier that is one of a handful or maybe the only time in BCS history where they took all top-10 teams and didn't jump anyone.

Hope cincy has a good backup plan for head coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4722121

I mean, if someone wanted to raise my salary, I would entertain the idea too:

Kelly has been rumored to be one of Notre Dame's top candidates and told ESPN this week that he would "entertain" a request from the Irish to speak to him after the Pitt game.

Doesn't mean I'd take it.

Kelly isn't going anywhere.

I mean, if someone wanted to raise my salary, I would entertain the idea too:

Doesn't mean I'd take it.

Hmm let's look at it this way

Monetary Support- ND>UC

Facilities- ND>UC

Recruiting Base- ND>UC

National Attention- ND>UC

Prestige- ND>UC

If ND offers, I think Kelly takes it.

Hmm let's look at it this way

Monetary Support- ND>UC

Facilities- ND>UC

Recruiting Base- ND>UC

National Attention- ND>UC

Prestige- ND>UC

If ND offers, I think Kelly takes it.

I know all the facts. I'm just hoping he stays. I'd hate for him to turn his back on a city that desperately wants him here. If he had just come out and said that he is taking the job, I'd feel differently but all this dodging the questions and making everyone wait is worse. I appreciate honesty and hate that we've had to deal with weeks and weeks of speculation.

Did you know Cincinnati is #120 - dead last - in time of possession? Yet still undefeated. It's a relatively benign statistic, but still makes you say "huh".

That's what I was referring to in my first post in this thread by saying their offense has one speed (although I didn't know they were DEAD LAST...lol). They're quick strike or no strike. There's no in between or slow down where they would be able to wear a team down or burn clock if they ever had to.

A lot of really well-informed people have had Kelly done to ND since before Weis was even officially fired. His responses when asked about the job even in very public situations wouldn't be very reassuring if I were a Cincy fan.

That's what I was referring to in my first post in this thread by saying their offense has one speed (although I didn't know they were DEAD LAST...lol). They're quick strike or no strike. There's no in between or slow down where they would be able to wear a team down or burn clock if they ever had to.

A lot of really well-informed people have had Kelly done to ND since before Weis was even officially fired. His responses when asked about the job even in very public situations wouldn't be very reassuring if I were a Cincy fan.

I only see 2 scenarios playing out in the ND job

Stoops to ND and Kelly to Oklahoma

or

Kelly to ND

looks like it's going to be option #2

I guess we'll all find out this week and I'm sure something will get leaked tomorrow after the meeting.

I only see 2 scenarios playing out in the ND job

Stoops to ND and Kelly to Oklahoma

or

Kelly to ND

looks like it's going to be option #2

I haven't heard anything about Kelly to Oklahoma. Sure it's likely it could happen within the next few years but doubtful for next year.

I guess we'll all find out this week and I'm sure something will get leaked tomorrow after the meeting.

I haven't heard anything about Kelly to Oklahoma. Sure it's likely it could happen within the next few years but doubtful for next year.

That's because Oklahoma isn't really in the search for a coach. You can bet on that if Stoops left though they would go after Kelly.

I read online yesterday that it has been made offical that the Cincy coach has been named head coach for ND. I am not a huge Cincy fan but it bums me out that the coach would leave just as his team is doing so well.

Dude, it's his alma matter, it's Notre Dame....

That's like you saying you wouldn't change jobs right now to be the CEO of Microsoft.

That's like you saying you wouldn't change jobs right now to be the CEO of Microsoft.

I agree with this, however, they could've waited until Cinci's last game to either make the deal or at least have waited to announce it. I think it's bad for team morale.

It's not his alma mater. But he is from Boston and an Irish-Catholic so it's pretty much the same thing...lol.

Cincy players are PISSED.

I agree with this, however, they could've waited until Cinci's last game to either make the deal or at least have waited to announce it. I think it's bad for team morale.

He's not even coaching them for their bowl game. He's gone. Probably made recruiting calls on behalf of ND last night (if not earlier). A school like ND doesn't hire a coach then let him mess around with his old school while their recruiting class potentially falls apart.