reducing vibration in the bar

Hoblick

outside of getting weighted bar ends $80

whats another good alternative??

i read of a few people filling the inside of there bars with RTV silicone..

adds weight and takes up the hollowness, which in turn reduces the vibration and takes the numbness that you get away

outside of getting weighted bar ends $80

whats another good alternative??

i read of a few people filling the inside of there bars with RTV silicone..

adds weight and takes up the hollowness, which in turn reduces the vibration and takes the numbness that you get away

Gel grips and good gloves.

Sell the R6. Buy a twin. The whole thing will vibrate, and you'll never notice the one handlebar. :D

If you're looking to follow the path of cost effectiveness, I would follow Casper's advice and go with grips. Most OEM grips aren't designed for comfort. As well as gloves. If they are tight when clenched around the grip, then that only accelerates the numbness setting in. The Bar Snake option may be worth looking into as well. Not sure how close they are to new bar ends in price.

The silicone and some ball bearings work, But you can get weighted bar ends cheeper than 80 bucks ? I would think ? Realy easy to make ?

Probably even e-bay a nice set of woddcraft or vortex cilp on's at a good price ?

Try barend mirrors ?

i vote for grips, they made a world of difference

also, a good set of gloves

and loosen up on the bike man. i used to hold on so tight, it would hurt my hands and wrists. loosen up, let the bike do it's own thing, you'll be a lot more comfortable.

Old Yamahas have nice weights in them from the factory, you can get them for next to nothing. It's just a piece of all-thread with o-rings on it really. They have to be loose enough to bounce around inside the handlebar and that cancels the vibes for the most part.

i meant bars lol

yeha riding my friends RC is a pain..

im going with some new grips, Driven D-3 alumitech.. and then some bar end weights.. should be nice after that

wow your nuts paying 50 for a pair of grips..id go with bar ends if its that big of a deal..grips will not do uch for the vibration unless of go with a gel grip. lossen up and suck it up :rolleyes:

Tell ya what - you buy the brass*** and I'll make ya some bar ends free of charge. I'd need 6" of 1.375" diameter brass bar stock.

see: http://www.earachemotorsports.com/sportbikes.html

I've made literally hundreds of sets of bar ends over the years. I can make them any size you want, but I generally try to make them weigh in at around 13 oz. - seems a good combination of size and mass.

I used stainless steel for years, but it got to be too expensive (thus the $80 bar ends from others). I now use brass as it has a higher specific gravity (weight) and is cheaper. Once powdercoated, ya can't tell what they're made of.

Aluminum bar ends won't do shit as there's no weight involved. You're not really getting rid of vibration with them - just changing the frequency at which the bars resonate / vibrate.

I made a set for one of my Duc's with a groove for mirrors - works great.

***You can buy brass in 1.375" diameter for about $4.00 per inch. Find it locally or at www.McMaster.com or http://www.speedymetals.com/ or www.onlinemetals.com or just about anywhere that sells metals. Look for Type 360 brass, (it's cheap, widely available, etc).

Edited by Earache