Charity events

McGraw

Hey guys, long time no see! last time I logged in was back in January. Anyways! As a lot of you know I joined the Navy and have been gone for a very long time ... I'm writing today for a couple of reason,one to regroup with you guys as you've always treated me well, the other is asking for a couple of minutes of your time the next time you go out to the store for a local boy.

I just caught word the other night that Nate Elfrink a 7 year old in West Jeff who has had cancer since he was 1. Went in for the treatment that was going to send him into remission and instead him and his parents got the news that it was just spreading too fast and the new goal wasn't remission, it was to get him through Christmas. Needless to say at 7 years old, he hasn't got a lot to be happy about this year.

If you could do one extra thing this year, we've got his family to agree to accept Christmas cards for him. The USS John C Stennis is getting together and a bunch of us have got him cards, and people have emailed home to get their families to write one too. I went as far as to get him the Captain and the Command-Master-Chief's challenge coins for those of you who know about those, and wrote him a long note saying what a courageous and amazing person he is for fighting something I don't believe I would do well against.

His address is:

Nate Elfrink

2415 Taylor Blair Rd.

West Jefferson, Ohio 43162

Just next time your out, put "Christmas Card for Nate" on your todo list, write a few words of encouragement to him and his family, and mail it off, it's all like $3?

As always I can be reached at taylor.mcgraw@cvn74.navy.mil or Paul, and Anthony have my facebook that I try to check regularly and keep up to date on what's going on. While at at sea.

Thank you all for everyone who helps out in this!

Count me in, for 5 from every member of my family and I will get my other family to do so as well.

That's REALLY cool of you thank you!

I'm going to get his parents names too so I can send them something, and maybe Columbus Racing can put together something too. It CAN NOT be easy on the mother who's name is Dode. She just burried her mother a few years ago after a long bought with cancer :(.

Just occured to me.

Is there anyway to sticky this till Friday? So that it doesn't get pushed down please? I believe a 7 year old and family who need some last-Christmas smiles would constitute a need-to-know. Please.

Thank you!