Dining Recommendations- Need help from Cbus Folks

JuicedH22

I suggest the melting pot in easton. It is not 5 star but the place is underground and dimly lit. Being underground your cell phone probably won't get a signal so not much should disturb you. Also the fact you cook your own food on the table works well for some females. Get the full course meal spend the $50 or however much it is. Worth it imo. Also I suggest the alcoholic drink they have that has ice cream and chocolate shavings in it. It is expensive but it tastes just like ice cream. It also gets large points on presentation for me. Every time I order one it looks like a ying yang symbol on how they arrange the ice cream and chocolate. I have a picture of it if you are really interested in it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liu Pon Xi, if its still open near the convention center. Place is tits.

//Edit

Paul Liu closed it sorry. Bluefish and A Chinese place is there now. Same owner. Good places still.

Edited by Igor
Liu Pon Xi is closed.

we have melting pot and mortons here. a guy I know also said something about a place called riverfront, or riverside?

He probably meant The River Club, on spring st. The place is nice. the view is awesome overlooking the river. The food not so much. We've been doing business with them forever.

Seriously? There is at least 20 times more things to do at Polaris then downtown. More choices, better places to stay, not nearly as many bums, pervs, and beggars, easier to park, need I go on? Downtown sucks. I haven't eaten at every restaurant in Ohio, but I can comfortably say there is better dining AROUND Columbus then right downtown.

You belong in the burbs. The more progressive among us would prefer you not co-mingling with us anyway.

Liu Pon Xi, if its still open near the convention center. Place is tits.

//Edit

Paul Liu closed it sorry. Bluefish and A Chinese place is there now. Same owner. Good places still.

That place was nice indeed.

I'm still a fan of the Elevator...I really like the atmosphere of that place quite a bit and the food is quite good too.

M is awesome...surprised no one mentioned it. Hyde Park is lame. Most of you kids do not have any idea what good food is. Sorry, but I am not taking good food advice from a 19 year old. Once you have eaten all over the world then you can come back and tell me what good food is.

Guest tbutera2112
M is awesome...surprised no one mentioned it. Hyde Park is lame. Most of you kids do not have any idea what good food is. Sorry, but I am not taking good food advice from a 19 year old. Once you have eaten all over the world then you can come back and tell me what good food is.

he is looking for a place in columbus, why would you have to eat food all over the world to tell him which places in columbus are better than others? i doubt hes traveling to france to eat dinner....on a side note, if you eat somewhere and think "wow that tasted really good" and then you eat somewhere else and its better, does that mean the first place wasnt good anymore?

he is looking for a place in columbus, why would you have to eat food all over the world to tell him which places in columbus are better than others? i doubt hes traveling to france to eat dinner....on a side note, if you eat somewhere and think "wow that tasted really good" and then you eat somewhere else and its better, does that mean the first place wasnt good anymore?

Your logic is astounding.

He asked for a 4 or 5 star not bar food...I said M was good and Ken was spot on with Rigsby's. If someone asks for a 4 or a 5 star...why would you post Hobo's pizza and subs? This is why I said you have no clue about fine dining and why I wouldnt take advice from kids who have yet to experience something further away than their grandma's basement. Dont take it so personal.

Your logic is astounding.

He asked for a 4 or 5 star not bar food...I said M was good and Ken was spot on with Rigsby's. If someone asks for a 4 or a 5 star...why would you post Hobo's pizza and subs? This is why I said you have no clue about fine dining and why I wouldnt take advice from kids who have yet to experience something further away than their grandma's basement. Dont take it so personal.

you're insulting him and his knowledge of food, and then tell him not to take it personal? you're pretty smart, we should all listen to you i suppose.

When we ate at M we thought it stood for "mediocre". The appetizers were not good; we had tempura prawns and crab cake and felt we've gotten much better quality tempura at several sushi restaurants (Shoku, Kooma, even Haiku) and the crab cake was b-l-a-n-d. For entrees I had surf-and-turf and she had sea bass, both "meh" and again bland. The quality, taste, and price just weren't up to par with Cameron Mitchell and vastly outshined by other restaurants in Columbus.

The only really positive part of the experience was the staff. I had a very candid conversation with our server and the head chef, the house took care of most of our bill and they were very upset (at themselves) for our poor experience. I haven't chosen to go back and try it again because there are just better options in my opinion.

I would think about Cameron's Steakhouse, but I haven't been back since it was sold to Ruth's Chris. I would hardly believe the quality has gone down with the ownership change. We had a fantastic experience there and it was one of few places I've actually received my steak exactly the way I want it: Black and blue, black (crisp) outside bloody inside with *no* gray or brown.

you're insulting him and his knowledge of food, and then tell him not to take it personal? you're pretty smart, we should all listen to you i suppose.

Im not insulting anyone. I never said listen to me either. If by insulting him you mean recommending pizza and subs when asked for fine dining then fine I am insulting. Its funnny to me that everyone gets so butt hurt on an internet chat room. Would you ask for help with rebuilding a tranny from someone who has never opened a transmission before? Probably not.

Dining just like anything else comes down to personal tastes. If I pissed someone off...sorry. Dont be lemmings and formulate your own opinions. Some good suggestions have been made here. Now its a matter of the poster to look at menu's (which sounds like he has) to find something suits his needs.

morton's is closed arent they. At least i know there were announcing that they were thinking about it a couple months ago.

I thought I saw Polaris open a week or so ago, but I could be wrong. I prefer Eddie Merlot's over Morton's. I was impressed with their food, BUT Morton's was good also.

Im not insulting anyone. I never said listen to me either. If by insulting him you mean recommending pizza and subs when asked for fine dining then fine I am insulting. Its funnny to me that everyone gets so butt hurt on an internet chat room. Would you ask for help with rebuilding a tranny from someone who has never opened a transmission before? Probably not.

Dining just like anything else comes down to personal tastes. If I pissed someone off...sorry. Dont be lemmings and formulate your own opinions. Some good suggestions have been made here. Now its a matter of the poster to look at menu's (which sounds like he has) to find something suits his needs.

:lol: im not butt hurt at all, just saying you WERE being insulting. will you help me with my tranny sometime? I hear you're an expert :D

I looked into the Barcelona place. It seems very nice. I LOVE spanish cuisine, and they have a tapas menu (which my wife enjoyed when we had it at another restaurant). But my wife is a 'picky eater'. She doesnt like seafood, and limited beef, so lots of chicken dishes for her usually, and they only have 1 chicken dish on their menu, and it has mushrooms in it, which my wife also doesnt like. lol

I also am considering this french place called Refectory.

Well, I mentioned the words tapas and my wife got excited. So I went ahead and made the reservations for Barcelona.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

Good choice ;)

I go to Barcelona about 5 times per year. Great place.