My petition against the Monica Durban Law.

Cordell

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might I suggest going the traditional route with a petition? Also, please make sure that anything being presented to our senators uses semi-proper grammar. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I wouldn't give some of these things a second look if I were in their position.

Could someone explain to me how exactly this is differnt from other petitions? Im all for this, but who is presenting it to the people who need to see it? How is it presented, when there are anonymous signatures?

I thought that this would be more effective then a traditional petition, but I'm not sure of the difference in impact. To be honest I'm sure there are multiple ways to present this to senators, and I'm reasearching that. I'm open to all ideas, but I at least plan on e-mailing it to all of them.

Let's be clear, I've never done anything like this before. So I'm doing the best I know how, any help or ideas are most helpful.

I thought that this would be more effective then a traditional petition, but I'm not sure of the difference in impact. To be honest I'm sure there are multiple ways to present this to senators, and I'm reasearching that. I'm open to all ideas, but I at least plan on e-mailing it to all of them.

Let's be clear, I've never done anything like this before. So I'm doing the best I know how, any help or ideas are most helpful.

Please before you send it, post what you are going to send, and who you are sending it to. That way we can all proofread it. 1000 eyes are better than one trained eye at finding mistakes, hell, even Paul may be able to shed some light on the proofreading.

Don't get me wrong, i think its a GREAT idea. I was just curious.

it only takes on person to start a revolution, right?

(i will suggest using Firefox and turning on spell check though ;) )

The Bill is still in the House, so to get the word out, we'd probably need to all contact the offices of our State Reps.....Locate the telephone numbers and email addresses for every one of the State Rep's, and post them.

We can then send them a generic paragraph as to our concerns and why this Bill should be shelved.

That would probably be more effective....

The Bill is still in the House, so to get the word out, we'd probably need to all contact the offices of our State Reps.....Locate the telephone numbers and email addresses for every one of the State Rep's, and post them.

We can then send them a generic paragraph as to our concerns and why this Bill should be shelved.

That would probably be more effective....

yes do this instead, the petition will probably be thrown in the trash.