Digital scanner/copier? anyone?

evan9381

so i got this email from my dad's girlfriend, trying to get me to help her find something for him for christmas. she wants me to try to be a spy or something, and honestly, i don't see him buying me giving him a story about me looking for this item, and i dont want to kinda put it out there that she's getting this for him...here's the email she sent me. any idea of what he may be thinking of, or can someone point me in the direction of a product?

The second thing he's mentioned is a digital scanner/copier for all the photo's he has from your Mom and Grandmother that are sitting in boxes. He wants them on-line now, but he has never mentioned any specifics on this one.

does this look like maybe what he's talking about, or am i way off?

http://www.amazon.com/ScanJet-5590-Digital-FlatBed-Scanner/dp/B0002ABK8Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260341557&sr=1-1

I would say that's it. Check "newegg.com" or "micorcenter.com" and you'll get more choices and often reviews as well. I bought a Canon LIDE100 for work - it's nice as it is USB powered (portable) and uses LED lighting to scan. It was under $100. If you're doing photos, you need to look at the resolution / dots per inch - there are some big $$$ scanners that are designed to allow you to enlarge photos clearly. Depends on what he wants to do, but the two sights above should get you a better picture of the options.

so i got this email from my dad's girlfriend, trying to get me to help her find something for him for christmas. she wants me to try to be a spy or something, and honestly, i don't see him buying me giving him a story about me looking for this item, and i dont want to kinda put it out there that she's getting this for him...here's the email she sent me. any idea of what he may be thinking of, or can someone point me in the direction of a product?

if he's doing photos and wants something good yet cost effective, scanner wise, look at Epson. They bundle in some software to helpclean up the scans and are easy to use.

If he wants to print scan and copy all in one, with a slant towards digital photos, look at the Kodak units. They have good quality prints, and are very cost effective to operate.

I use a V700 for my photos, but the smaller ones are just as good. If he's just doing prints he won't need to scan above 600dpi. The higher resolutions are for slides and negatives.

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/list/All-in-One_Printers/categoryID.28889300