STi People, Price Check

Guest Hal

Without looking at it personally, I would doubt the turbo is actually dead. I ought to be able to tell by now if a car is worth buying and fixing.

You need someone that knows what to look for, I'm not saying I'm the person, but I did have my turbo/motor go out on mine and I know what that feels like. The flat four is a tricky engine to pin down when it comes to failure. I had 2 cracked ringlands with no noises, no smoke, just lumpy power delivery.

A turbo will run you about 600-however much you wanna spend on it if you do the work yourself. A motor will cost 3k and up depending on how much work you can do.

You need someone that knows what to look for, I'm not saying I'm the person, but I did have my turbo/motor go out on mine and I know what that feels like. The flat four is a tricky engine to pin down when it comes to failure. I had 2 cracked ringlands with no noises, no smoke, just lumpy power delivery.

A turbo will run you about 600-however much you wanna spend on it if you do the work yourself. A motor will cost 3k and up depending on how much work you can do.

I've done enough engine diagnostics, professionally, to say I am confident I would know whether or not I want the car after seeing it. $600 isn't bad, but if I'm not comfortable in a quick check, I'm not getting into it. I may just go drive 100 miles for a car with similar miles for ~$16500, who knows.

I've done enough engine diagnostics, professionally, to say I am confident I would know whether or not I want the car after seeing it. $600 isn't bad, but if I'm not comfortable in a quick check, I'm not getting into it. I may just go drive 100 miles for a car with similar miles for ~$16500, who knows.

I'm telling you this now, travel a little in order to get an unmolested car. You will be thanking yourself when it doesn't crap out on you every 1000 miles. I will never buy a car that has been touched. I don't trust anyone else's work but my own.

Where did you see that? The car I posted was $14,800.

Edit: Holy fuck! They jacked that car up $4k! God damn that place is shady.

I especially like how they say they are selling it for less than thier cost. IF that is true they are over 5 grand heavy in the car according to Manheim.

By the way, what are looking at STIs for? Is it just going to be a daily you keep stock?

I especially like how they say they are selling it for less than thier cost. IF that is true they are over 5 grand heavy in the car according to Manheim.

By the way, what are looking at STIs for? Is it just going to be a daily you keep stock?

Yeah, just going to be a daily. I don't really want to modify another car, I still have the Cobra for that.

I will never buy a car that has been touched. I don't trust anyone else's work but slomotion's.

QFT, since I would think you would want to give the SHOP that built the car some credit....not yourself

Hal, I think you are looking to get a god deal on one of these b/c you are able to do all the work yourself for the most part? If so, pending your plans for this car, I would look for one that is totally blown and does not run/hardly runs. Again I am ASSUMING your intentions here...

sign up on nasoic.com They have tons of wrx/sti that are priced well and aren't beat on.

This or iwsti.com .... you can find quite a few sites out there, esp for the money I see everyone talking about in here. I have seen better pricing, just not right now with winter in full swing.

QFT, since I would think you would want to give the SHOP that built the car some credit....not yourself

Hal, I think you are looking to get a god deal on one of these b/c you are able to do all the work yourself for the most part? If so, pending your plans for this car, I would look for one that is totally blown and does not run/hardly runs. Again I am ASSUMING your intentions here...

I was involved in everything that I knew how to do. Slomo did a great job, but that is not whats being discussed. If you want to talk about it, pm me.

Subaru built the car...btw