Turbo Guru's?

dover

Have a couple questions?

Can you have a turbo rebuilt and have a different wheel added? I ask because I currently have a BB T76 and want to get it ported and add a Billet Wheel to it. I already researched selling mine and purchasing a new one and that options appears expensive. So if I can have it rebuilt with the new internals is there a place that does it locally that people have personally dealt with? How much does it generally run to have this done? Anyone do jet hot coating around here? I need to have the hot side done. Thanks for the help playerz.

I dont know what turbo you have but I know Precision can do billet wheel upgrades. Call and talk to Justin down there, he's a cool guy and always helpful. If you need something done, let me know because I have been wanting to buy in with them and just waiting for an order before I do so

your cheaper place would be turbonetics because its there turbo. usually they just charge a rebuild fee. and you pay for the billett wheel. id say if your not changing housing size or wheel size. you would just endup with a nice new turbo. the wheel will make little diff as it dosent move the compressor map all that much. if you were going to do it and upgrade to say a 78mm then i would suggest it.

Well damn it only has maybe 1k miles on it. I just have been reading that billet wheel is the way to go (increase spool time, longetivity of turbo).. I want to do a 78 or 80 with a BW but don't want to spend a 2K trying that route.

For $2k you could get a used 106, fuck a billet wheel..... jmo of course

a 106 would take months to spool on my car.. i want the billet wheel to help spool faster an if i did go bigger it wouldnt be much cause i would be in the same boat now where I don't hit full boost till 4-4500.

a 106 would take months to spool on my car.. i want the billet wheel to help spool faster an if i did go bigger it wouldnt be much cause i would be in the same boat now where I don't hit full boost till 4-4500.

Could always just stick the the same size A/R on the exhaust housing and spool should similar. Only reason it would take longer to spool would be if you went with a bigger exhaust housing. Although, if you get to small of a one youll outflow it causing surging problems.

True Compressor Surge

Call Jose at http://www.forcedinductions.com, you can replace compressor wheels on some BB turbos, just not bearings.

Could always just stick the the same size A/R on the exhaust housing and spool should similar. Only reason it would take longer to spool would be if you went with a bigger exhaust housing. Although, if you get to small of a one youll outflow it causing surging problems.

And this, kids, is why we don't do drugs.

Kidding about the 106. GT47+Nitrous=No more 3 digit power

Don't get hung up on a billet wheel. They offer no increase in efficiency nor increase in spool up. They can just get them made faster since the casting process is longer, hence why new wheel designs are typically billet.

Edit:

I better find the article, as I'm sure someone will call BS on my post

Page:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/news/race_updates/Garrett_Fully_Machined.html

cliffs:

No noticeable gains in performance can be seen when testing a machined(billet) wheel vs. a cast wheel of the same design

Well damn it only has maybe 1k miles on it. I just have been reading that billet wheel is the way to go (increase spool time, longetivity of turbo).. I want to do a 78 or 80 with a BW but don't want to spend a 2K trying that route.

Any faster spool can be attributed to the design of the wheel. Not the fact that it is billet.