modified power wheels?

kirks5oh

this is what happens when you take a 6 volt power wheels bike, and add a 12 volt battery to it. i found a random link to a new forum modifiedpowerwheels.com, and the rest is history. the battery is made by gruber, and is a sealed battery, just like the ones from power wheels. the only thing it does not have is a built in fuse--so i added an inline fuse.

now, i guess i have to mod the other one. cost me about $25 to modify. excuse the semi-nudity and clutter, it was right before bath time.

Thats awesome. Charge the same still? Ive got two larger power wheels out in the garage that need new batteries...

i've only charged the battery once so far, and today was the first day they were driving it. you can't use the same charger (the 6 volt one), which is fine because apparently, it does not provide consistent charging. i bought a shumacker battery charger from vatozone that works just fine, and charges in about 4 hours on the quicker setting---or i can just hook up one of my trusty deltran battery tenders and charge it over the course of a day.

girls are fighting over the modded one--which means i have to mod the other one

2. Wonder if it would pull the front wheels if they had rubber tires instead of plastic. lol.

Well,

In a "non-modded" one, my contractor buddy wrapped the tires of his kids ride with some thin (but about as wide as the tires) rubber strips (used to seal roof seams for rubber roofing) because he was spinning the wheels on the slope of his driveway - it went over backwards. Oh by the way, I do have some of this stuff left from when he did my porch roof, in case anyone wants to "track test" it.

Well,

In a "non-modded" one, my contractor buddy wrapped the tires of his kids ride with some thin (but about as wide as the tires) rubber strips (used to seal roof seams for rubber roofing) because he was spinning the wheels on the slope of his driveway - it went over backwards. Oh by the way, I do have some of this stuff left from when he did my porch roof, in case anyone wants to "track test" it.

http://www.jegs.com/images/logos/tracktestedlarge.gif

Damn.. that last one was cool.

1. Kid needs a freakin' helmet.

2. Wonder if it would pull the front wheels if they had rubber tires instead of plastic. lol.

i tried to put the battery as far forward as possible to prevent this. still, our car did a wheelie once on the carpet, because it got immediate traction. i'm happy to let it spin like crazy on the tile, so it won't dump my kids off the back doing a wheelie