Oil filter / oil recommendations for a Audi 2.0T

Nitrousbird

Wife's 06 A4. Since she has owned it, it has been under the free dealer maintenance. That is over, and I need to change the oil (which BTW, is a stupid PITA compared to most cars out there).

- Which filter to get? Hell, I see Fram, Mobil, STP, K&N, and factory Audi. Stupid canister oil filters...it's not 1950 anymore Audi.

- Oil? Obviously a full synthetic, but suggested viscosity and brand.

I want decent stuff, as I don't want to change the oil every 3k on this car. It's wife driven, though there is no boost gauge I doubt it is ever into the boost much as the only thing she is hard on is the brakes.

Guest tbutera2112

amsoil european formula is what a lot of euro cars run on... rob can get it for you, he is an amsoil dealer...but idk what weight your car calls for, mine calls for 0w40 or 0w30 depending on the brand

i would go with factory filter also

Only get OEM filters regardless of the oil you buy. Full synthetic in the factory viscosity (0w40 I think). If it still has some powertrain warranty left, stick with a VW approved oil to prevent warranty issues. After the powertrain warranty is up, then its 100% up to you.

I used M1 on my A4, Dad used it on his B6 S4, no problems. I am using Valvoline since Hatfield uses it for my free maint and will probably stick with it until the powertrain is up for reasons stated. Then I will be using a more serious oil.

+1 for MKV Aaron's advice. I can tell you from experience that if VW/Audi recommends a 505.01 oil, you better take their advice. Camshaft, followers, bearings, and torque-to-yield bolts are pricey.

With that said, I use Total Quartz and Mann filters. Sometimes use VW/Audi filters.

Mobile 1 0w40, or any other similiar oil like Brandon mentioned above. + OEM Filter.

How much warranty is left ? You should take it to the dealer to have the cam follower/FSI pump checked out before the warranty ends.

Factory warranty is up. On the CPO warranty now.