FFL License

John Bruh

Alot of website require a ffl license to buy/order offline and im wondering how hard it is to get them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License

ive read threw this, and it would be a collector license, but what is up with the destructive/non-destructive things. is that like big artillary stuff?

They make it harder and harder. You at a minimum really need a storefront any more. There are ways around this, but these are not the easiest things in the world to get. I thought about it years ago, but never wanted the additional scrutiny that they put on you. I like my privacy, I guess. If it's what you want, go for it--just know you are under a microscope and need to keep fairly detailed records.

Collector/Curio license isn't quite what you need for modern firearm stuff. It's limiting.

If you look on ATF.gov I am sure you can find a lot more details. If you want some phone numbers, I am sure I can dig some up for you, too.

They make it harder and harder. You at a minimum really need a storefront any more. There are ways around this, but these are not the easiest things in the world to get. I thought about it years ago, but never wanted the additional scrutiny that they put on you. I like my privacy, I guess. If it's what you want, go for it--just know you are under a microscope and need to keep fairly detailed records.

Collector/Curio license isn't quite what you need for modern firearm stuff. It's limiting.

If you look on ATF.gov I am sure you can find a lot more details. If you want some phone numbers, I am sure I can dig some up for you, too.

This. It's a PITA, and also illegal (felony, I believe) if you're just doing it for furthering your personal collection. I plan on eventually doing it, but not until I'm completely setup for it.

If you're doing it for personal gain, turn away now.

This. It's a PITA, and also illegal (felony, I believe) if you're just doing it for furthering your personal collection. I plan on eventually doing it, but not until I'm completely setup for it.

If you're doing it for personal gain, turn away now.

this answered my main questions. Now if you still want to order something offline how to you go about getting someone with a ffl to order it for you. Like would you have to go to vances and ask if they can order it for you?

this answered my main questions. Now if you still want to order something offline how to you go about getting someone with a ffl to order it for you. Like would you have to go to vances and ask if they can order it for you?

Contact them prior to purchasing the weapon. Make sure they send their info to the seller. Once the seller has that info (they might already have it on file), buy your item from the seller.

The item will ship to your FFL. You go pick it up, and fill out the normal 4473 form as you would at any gun shop. Pay your FFL his transfer fee (usually $20-50 in this area), and take your weapon home.

Just make sure all partys are informed of what's going on before you start ordering.

Contact them prior to purchasing the weapon. Make sure they send their info to the seller. Once the seller has that info (they might already have it on file), buy your item from the seller.

The item will ship to your FFL. You go pick it up, and fill out the normal 4473 form as you would at any gun shop. Pay your FFL his transfer fee (usually $20-50 in this area), and take your weapon home.

Just make sure all partys are informed of what's going on before you start ordering.

okay so what ever is listed on line, I should expect to pay about $50 higher that listed for the transfer once everyone is on the same page.

okay so what ever is listed on line, I should expect to pay about $50 higher that listed for the transfer once everyone is on the same page.

Give or take. Figure in shipping as well.

I like buying online. I usually know exactly what I want, and I don't have to deal with a gun shop guru's opinion on it. Besides, there are much better deals to be had online. You can usually break even, or close to it.

my g/fs grandpa has his, but i think its only for collector stuff and because he does gunsmithing, but its all done in his basement. ive asked if can buy a gun online and send to him, but with the FFL he has, he cant do it.

Probably a C&R (Curios and Relics) license. You can only buy old stuff. There's a list somewhere of what you can buy.

This. I also saw they are revoking licenses if people don't sell some magic number of firearms over some magic period of time. I will get one someday, but for now it's just too much effort.