Who could install remote start on my 02 GT?

BDHG940

also is this what Im going to need so it will work since it normally requires the key with a chip in order to start? Does this program itself so I didnt have to install a spare key in the car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Immobilizer-Bypass-for-Remote-Start-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53deaebdfcQQitemZ360218279420QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The bypass I used in my 2000 GT was a plastic box that you put a programmed key into the a wire loop goes around the ignition switch. I never had any luck with the active bypass modules.

The install is a piece of cake. If you can make turbo kits and install them you can certainly install a remote start.

also is this what Im going to need so it will work since it normally requires the key with a chip in order to start? Does this program itself so I didnt have to install a spare key in the car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Immobilizer-Bypass-for-Remote-Start-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53deaebdfcQQitemZ360218279420QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Yes that will work. You will need two learn it in to the pats system which you can do with two preprogrammed Ford keys.

We do several hundred remote starts a year and never put a key in the box, there is no need to. If you use good products, you dont have to take shortcuts.

Yes that will work. You will need two learn it in to the pats system which you can do with two preprogrammed Ford keys.

We do several hundred remote starts a year and never put a key in the box, there is no need to. If you use good products, you dont have to take shortcuts.

I went through 3 different DEI 555's before I said fuck it and bought the key box. All 3 DEI 555's were DOA. The key in the box has worked flawlessly for 4 years now. I also cut off the key part before putting the top half in the box.

I don't consider what I did to be a shortcut. If I would have started with the key in the box I would have been done with the install about 8 days sooner.

Also I've installed my share of alarms and starters. I've been installing them since 1989.

I went through 3 different DEI 555's before I said fuck it and bought the key box. All 3 DEI 555's were DOA. The key in the box has worked flawlessly for 4 years now. I also cut off the key part before putting the top half in the box.

I don't consider what I did to be a shortcut. If I would have started with the key in the box I would have been done with the install about 8 days sooner.

Also I've installed my share of alarms and starters. I've been installing them since 1989.

Probably should have reworded that. It wasnt meant to be a jab nor was I saying you dont know what you are doing as I am sure you do by some of your other posts. As far as shop standpoint, a key in the box is a cost savings for the shop as well as the customer at the expense of convenience. And if you are going to do it that way cutting the key is a smart move for security purposes.

We dont use the 555 or the key in the box on that vehicle or any other.

We use the pkfm which wires in to the pats tx/rx wires. They are very reliabel. It is very rare to get one that does not work, and the customer does not have to lose a key. Most customers would rather keep their spare key and there is really no reason they cant.

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if it was a jab or not.. we are on CR.. lol

Thanks for posting the part you use. I'll try one for the next install I do which will probably be Beer30's Focus. I used a lot of DEI products back in the 90's and always had decent luck with their stuff. I was shocked when I got 3 DOA's from them.

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if it was a jab or not.. we are on CR.. lol

Thanks for posting the part you use. I'll try one for the next install I do which will probably be Beer30's Focus. I used a lot of DEI products back in the 90's and always had decent luck with their stuff. I was shocked when I got 3 DOA's from them.

No problem. That is what happens when you mulititask!!! We do so many, we typically know what works, what doesnt, what saves time, etc, etc....On that car PKFM is the bomb. A little more expensive but you dont have to lose a key. Let me know when you go to do the Focus. A 556SW is more than likely what you would want to use for it. It is basically a 556uw with an uncut Ford key already in the box. I can get you a good deal on one as well. Wires in just like the key in the box. Simple and done.

Sorry back on topic, PKFM is what I would recommend here as well for your car Chad.

Guest Removed
I never had any luck with the active bypass modules.

funny, i have to hook mine up and program them on site. but then i also have to have the system online, and input the vin aswell.

Sure I can install it, Im too busy and would rather devote my time to other things where I can be more productive. Brady, I have had a remote start kit sitting here just forever that I bought from a friend. Can you pm me a price for installing it and whatever module you normally go with

Guest tbutera2112
just trade me your mustang for my saab and you wont have to worry about installing it...i mean...i dont have it on the saab, and theres only a couple people who have ever been able to do it on these cars...hence the not having to worry about it part!

Guest JCroz91
just trade me your mustang for my saab and you wont have to worry about installing it...i mean...i dont have it on the saab, and theres only a couple people who have ever been able to do it on these cars...hence the not having to worry about it part!

CAM09 is also interested in this. PM him if your able to do it