Do Not leave

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

water in your cooling system in this type of weather.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/100_4665.jpg

this one was lucky and didnt push out a freeze plug. but was frozen solid. got it all thawed out and full of coolant now :)

My dumbass did that the first year I moved up here from the south in a 75 cutlass I had. :D I had a leaky radiator and would just top it off with water.....didn't fly up here. Froze up and pushed out a freeze plug. Lesson learned.

I saw what I'm guessing was your truck on 33 Saturday afternoon unless there's more than one gearheadz automotive. :D. A girl was driving it.

The plugs on the side of the block. There designed to pop out when water is freezing in the coolant passages.http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261831_zzplug_1.jpg

thats argueable... the plugs are not there for that reason. The plugs are there in order to remove the casting material from inside the block when they are casted. More often that not a freeze plug will not come out when a block freezes full of water

thats argueable... the plugs are not there for that reason. The plugs are there in order to remove the casting material from inside the block when they are casted. More often that not a freeze plug will not come out when a block freezes full of water

To be technical, pictured is a core plug I believe.:D