Looking to get Samsung 37" LCD...

IVRINGS

Does anyone here sell TVs? I'm just checking to see if I can save a little money before buying. Also I'm tryin' to save a little bit on it cause the wife wants to get a 32" 720p $450ish 50,000:1 and I want a 37" 1080p but it is 670ish. We are using the wife's Walmart discount(10%) before she leaves them. So if anyone knows someone I can work a deal just let me know. Thanks.

BTW I forgot to add this is going in our Bedroom not our Living room. Since we have an older house we are looking for something easy to wall mount since we are going to king size bed too. Link me to anything you guys see. I haven't see deals that good, but I've not been able to hit up best buy or anything. I would like to have new too.

+1 for Anthony's idea.

I just went shopping for a bedroom TV, and you can't beat the 42" Panny Plasma. There's nothing that will touch it in that price range.

Where did you get yours? I'm having issues of tryin' to find the prices you guys are talking about. :confused:

HHGregg has the Panasonic Viera for $524.30 right now. I got mine at Best Buy after trading a Samsung LCD for it. The lower priced LCD's just dont hold a candle to the plasmas. Look at the reviews, all 11 people on HHGregg's page gave it a 4/4 :thumbup:

Get the Panasonic, model# TCP42X1

http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=n&ProductID=22626&BrandStore=All

I will have to see it in person but a few things bother me about it:

Panny Plasma vs Samsung LCD

It is 75lbs vs the 35.3 lbs. (Wall mounting)

30,000:1 vs 70,000:1

720 vs 1080p

Also since this is going to be in a bedroom that is kinda small would the Plasma have any major sounds I will hear being in a small room? Also at some point soon a Blueray player will be in the bedroom so that is why I'm looking at 1080p. Let me know what you think.

Here are the best that I can find without being in the store, but what do you think? I can't see spending the 100 for the 10,000:1 better maybe lose one HMDI but still have 3

HHGregg $694.99 70,000:1

http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=n&ProductID=23080&BrandStore=All#page

Best Buy $699.99 70,000:1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+37%22+Class+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9299859.p?id=1218079755461&skuId=9299859&st=samsung TV&cp=2&lp=5

Walmart $679.00(with discount $606.60) 60,000:1

http://www.walmart.com/Samsung-37-HDTV-1080p-N37B530/ip/11080821#ProductDetail

I know we will not go to 42" in that bedroom. It will just be to big cause our house was built in the 60's so small room. If we where to go 42" she would let me put our 42" LCD 720P in our living room into the bed room. Trust me I have tried. We both like the 32" 720p LCD that we can get for 385.20 with our dicount, but the 32 1080P that I like better is like 150ish more. So if I can get her to 1080p the 37" is like $30-40 more so for a little bigger without over doing it . We are going to wall mount with maybe an arm too so keeping it lighter is a huge plus I say.

"Hertz" is the number of times an image on the HDTV get updated per second. So if the TV you're shopping for is 120Hz, that means, the image is getting refreshed 120 times a second. The LCD's you listed only have 60hz refresh rate, which means they refresh 60 times a second. Although that seems like a lot, compare it to the Panasonic or Samsung plasmas that are 600hz. Just go see for yourself and watch a fast moving picture on the LCD, you'll see thats its all pixelated or choppy.

Well there are not to many smaller plasma's out there. Just an idea of the room size it is only like 11'x13-14' So if I go 37" it will seem bigger then your 42" in a 20x20 room. So maybe now you can see I really can't go to a 42 being so close to the TV. So finding things 32-37" is the only thing we can do.

Wife is out looking at TV's now, but she is opening up to full HD and found a 40" Samsung she is liking. Might have her on the 37" or 40", but I did say I think the 37" would fit better. If we get the 40" I will put it more in the corner instead of dead on cause I think it might be to big. I wonder if I will come home to a new TV

Ended up that it was a floor model that wasn't in the best shape. So she passed. I'm going to try to head out to check out the Plasma and others. A co worker told me to cut out the sizes of the screens with cardboard and try them out on the wall. So I might run upto our warehouse to get some to try out.

+1 for Anthony's idea.

I just went shopping for a bedroom TV, and you can't beat the 42" Panny Plasma. There's nothing that will touch it in that price range.

except for the TV I picked up.

If you have a sam club membership they may honor the 10% discount there to.

I picked this up and could not be happier with it

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=427456&pCatg=5883