work benches

AJ

post some pictures of your garage work benches. i'll be building mine in the next few days and don't know if i want to attach it to the wall or not. also what would you have done diffenent if you had to do it all over.

i'm going to build mine out of 2x4's and i'm not sure if i want 2x12's for the top or 3/4" plywood with more support for a vise.

Not gonna take pics as it's covered in junk right now, but buy the Sportsman's guide kit.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/workbench-legs-kit.aspx?a=463545

I left the bottom open and put my own shelves in instead of those deep ones. Including the kit and shipping I spent like $70 total.

I found mine behind a building people had moved off and left so no idea who made it but is the best bench I have ever seen it has 3in angle iron as legs a 4in think bucher block style oak slab covered in a sheet of stainless steal it is about 6ft long and 3.5-4ft deep with a shelf under the top and a small shelf for can and what not above.

2x4 support framing

1.5 inch pipe (for legs and supports)

2 layers of 3/4 inch Marine grade MDF glued and screwed together (24in deep x 6ft long)

10 gauge (0.102) Aluminum wrap with 16 inch back splash (Thanks to Tinman for the brake/bend work)

Anchored to the wall with 2 inch lag bolts

Solid as a rock!

http://usera.ImageCave.com/Rotarded/garage-copy-copy.jpg