The Military Channel

Draco-REX

I've had it on in the background for the last few hours and they've been running a bunch of arms race shows, including nuclear weapons..

How the hell haven't we blown ourselves to oblivion yet? Sheesh, you'd think the world was run by small-dicked schoolyard bullies.

Simple, the former Soviet Union's weapons were built by peasants, for peasants. I always believed from studying the Cold War, that no matter what, diplomacy had to prevail due to the possibility facing not only both sides, but the entire World. The threat of nuclear/Biological weapons is far from over. Many of the former Soviet states pay to the highest bidder, have repeated "garage sales", and people like Vicktor Bout inevitably sell to whoever pays.

Simple' date=' the former Soviet Union's weapons were built by peasants, for peasants. I always believed from studying the Cold War, that no matter what, diplomacy had to prevail due to the possibility facing not only both sides, but the entire World. The threat of nuclear/Biological weapons is far from over. Many of the former Soviet states pay to the highest bidder, have repeated "garage sales", and people like Vicktor Bout inevitably sell to whoever pays.[/quote']

The movie "Lord of War" with Nicolas Cage was based on a true story. Replace ak-47's and RPG's with chemical/biological weapons and its fully possible and scary as hell.

The movie "Lord of War" with Nicolas Cage was based on a true story. Replace ak-47's and RPG's with chemical/biological weapons and its fully possible and scary as hell.

I was saying the same thing to myself in reading this thread.

Seriously...if you are half-way interested in the fall of the Cold War and weapons trafficking, go and watch this movie. It's one of Nicholas Cage's better works...