probally a stupid question...

grease monkey

So Ive got a new computer, and am trying to figure out how to get my ipod to sync to it, I got itunes 9 or whatever, but the damn thing keeps saying that it wants to erase my ipod.... that does not make me happy... All I want to do is get my songs copied to the computer, and be able to load new songs on to the ipod. any got any ideas?

Have you copied your old itunes library onto your new computer? Itunes won't let you copy the contents of the ipod for the obvious copyright reasons. There are third party programs which allow you to rip an ipod but if you already have the files on another drive it makes more sense to simply setup your old library on the new computer.

no other drive, its an ipod touch, so it has its own wifi, the content that I have on it, I just downloaded straight to it. I auctually had to use someone elses computer to register and set it up because at time I got it, I didn't have a computer that was capable of running the itunes program... haha so i'm probally screwed... damn copyrights!

Guest tbutera2112

easy fix

insert ipod, open the drive its on, select view hidden files, then go into the ipod control file, then go into the music file, then copy all of the songs off of it onto your computer...you will need to go through and rename all of them if you want to organize them, or you can simply import them into itunes and leave them scattered in the folders...itunes will recognize the songs and have the names etc correct

I use idump, pulls the files off the ipod and puts them on your computer music folder. Then itunes will recognize new songs in said folder and pull them to itunes. Then itunes will erase your ipod to re-sync it to the new computer which is cool since you just pulled all the files onto your computer.

I had to use it since the used ipod i bought already had like 400+ songs on it and a lot of them were what I listened too. I also use idump when friends swing by and I can pull music off their ipod onto my computer and vice versa....

Guest tbutera2112
well, ive downloaded that program now like 6 times, and from different sources each time, and everytime i try to run it, it says its expired. so shit... what now?

easy fix

insert ipod, open the drive its on, select view hidden files, then go into the ipod control file, then go into the music file, then copy all of the songs off of it onto your computer...you will need to go through and rename all of them if you want to organize them, or you can simply import them into itunes and leave them scattered in the folders...itunes will recognize the songs and have the names etc correct

this.