Nexus One

CRed05

I NEEDS KEYBOARD!!! Why do they keep making all these nice phones without keyboards!! Damn you bastards that keep copying the iphone! Not everyone likes touch screens! Not all of us have girly fingers that can easily navigate those things :p

p.s. Talked to motorola rep. Wait until you see what they have in the works. Sounds very similar to this phone but with a faster processor... Hopefully it has a keyboard.

I NEEDS KEYBOARD!!! Why do they keep making all these nice phones without keyboards!! Damn you bastards that keep copying the iphone! Not everyone likes touch screens! Not all of us have girly fingers that can easily navigate those things :p

p.s. Talked to motorola rep. Wait until you see what they have in the works. Sounds very similar to this phone but with a faster processor... Hopefully it has a keyboard.

Droid...2?

Fuck me for being a early adopter.

I NEEDS KEYBOARD!!!

Thats what I said. With my G1 I hated typing with the android touch keyboard, the physical keyboard was so much better. But with the N1 having such a larger screen, and I'm sure they made some improvements, I havent had an issue typing with the N1 onscreen keyboard yet.

Droid 2? I dunno about that. Motorola just announced the Backflip, which looks just like their Cliq, and that has a hardware keyboard, but only 528mhz and for AT&T. Motorola also announced android 2.1 for the droid.

Droid 2? I dunno about that. Motorola just announced the Backflip, which looks just like their Cliq, and that has a hardware keyboard, but only 528mhz and for AT&T. Motorola also announced android 2.1 for the droid.

Its about to be released overseas. At this point it looks like they are going to ride the droid one waive and release this to other companies.

Someone was interested in a review of the phone, so here is what I said:

Makes my G1, which I really like, look like a turd.

Its a good looking phone. It's Teflon coated so it has a nice feel which protects it and adds to the looks. Fits nicely in your hand too. The screen is nice and big, and looks great. Its very responsive...and fast as hell. Apps open instantly, and even on Edge webpages load really fast.

I loved having a keyboard on my G1, but I dont miss it anymore. I love how thin this phone is, its thinner than an iPhone and pretty damn light. I dont know if they improved the responsiveness of the onscreen keyboard, or if having a larger screen makes it easier to use, or a combination of both, but it works good.

Auto brightness and proximity sensors are cool too. Screen goes to sleep when you hold it next to your ear when in a call, and lights back up when you go to look at it (like the iPhone). Screen brightness changes to fit the surroundings you are in.

Camera takes very high detailed images, 5MP and has a flash.

Android 2.1 is nice also, the Live Backgrounds are cool, they are like animated and interactive backgrounds. The Gallery is also different than previous android versions, it automatically syncs with Picasa and has all kinds of interesting animations and options.

I've always loved Android, but the hardware hasnt been all that impressive. This one finally is. It mixes the attractiveness and sleekness of the iPhone with the the openness and customization of android.

So show it already, Kickass

Well since the Nexus is also the best camera I own, I had to use my G1 to take some blurry pics, sorry. You can definitely find better pictures online.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=3438

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=3437

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=3436

On the second picture you can see that bar that goes across the phone, between Google and HTC. That's where Google will engrave whatever you want on the phone, I just put my first name on there in case someone decides to call it their phone.

Heres a pic of the G1 taken with the Nexus

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=3440