2-stroke Tecumseh 4.5hp - snowblower

zeitgeist57

I've got a lightly used but several-year old MTD snowblower my bro-in-law gave me. The carb is wonky, flooding the engine as the float doesn't seem to work anymore.

I've Googled and found nothing on a new float, or even a new carb. When it does start, it overrev's like a banshee. I know a new engine is around $200...one would think I could get a carb for less than $50???

Any recommended small-engine parts stores locally that might be able to help me would be appreciated.

BTW: Model is MTD 31AE150-000

My dad took his over to the buckeye power store place there on reynoldsburg new albany rd. The guy ordered his parts and gave him a detailed blowup of how the how carb was assembled. Any lawnmower repair shop should have the parts. There has to be a mower repair shop in arlington. Theres one in hilliard before you get to downtown hilliard on right hand side, whatever the main rd that takes you into hilliard off 270.

My dad took his over to the buckeye power store place there on reynoldsburg new albany rd. The guy ordered his parts and gave him a detailed blowup of how the how carb was assembled. Any lawnmower repair shop should have the parts. There has to be a mower repair shop in arlington. Theres one in hilliard before you get to downtown hilliard on right hand side, whatever the main rd that takes you into hilliard off 270.

Yeah...the one on Cemetary Rd is a good place...wanna say it's Hilliard Lawn and Tractor. Totally forgot about them, and I bought new riding mower tires from them last year!

Thanks, Jason...