Texas v Alabama - Thoughts?

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I hear that right...."McElroy hasn't lost a game since he started playing football in the 8th grade"???? I heard that wrong, right.....

Well he could've went undefeated in highschool the years he started (not sure how many years he started), he didnt start until this year at Alabama so that stat is a little skewed.

Yes its a bullshit stat. He started 1 year in highschool and has only started 1 year in college

In his first season as a starter in 2005, McElroy passed for 4,636 yards, 56 touchdowns, and nine interceptions[2] en route to a 16–0 season, which included the Texas 5A state championship.[3][4] For his efforts as a senior, McElroy was named the Texas 5A Player of the Year[5] and an EA Sports All-American.[6]

What little McCoy-led Texas we saw was enough to convince me they could pull off the win against Alabama. Such a pity he was knocked out, but you have to hand it to Gilbert. The kid barely had any college snaps and then thrown into that melee on the biggest football stage with the best team in the nation for nearly four quarters. I went to bed on the half and expected to wake up to maybe another couple Texas field goals, MAYBE a touch down. I think the whole of Texas pulled off what they could given the situation and they're all winners.