Jeep Smash

AWW$HEEET

I think something is wrong with the Jeep.

I "accidentally" hit a curb while I was drifting sideways. No wait, I was intentionally drifting sideways, when I came upon a curb, and smacked the wheel inward. This was last night, I drove home in 2WD and seemed like everything was kosher, possibly no damage.

Fastfwd to this morning, I go to my car, start it up, and there is a pretty loud audible noise coming from rear when going down the road, same side as the semi bent in wheel. Its louder at slower speeds, and almost inaudible at highway speeds. I get to work and the damn tire was almost out of air. Now, assuming there is more internal damage/bent parts, what may they be?

I believe my XJ to have either a Dana 35, or a Chrysler 8.25" rear end.

I can't help but see the irony that you've been talking about your awesome snow-driving capabilities lately, and then this happens. BTDT

Yes, unfortunately my capabilities do not include snow mound x ray vision, nor were they a Chrysler factory option in 2001.

Yes, unfortunately my capabilities do not include snow mound x ray vision, nor were they a Chrysler factory option in 2001.

Being an '01 it will be a Chrysler 8-1/4" unless it has ABS brakes.

I would start by having the wheel checked, as it is the most likely thing to get bent. From there you may have bent an axle or maybe even the axle tube flange. I would highly suspect it's wheel damage based on your description, though it could be more.

Mine came with the "Don't get overconfident of its abilities and subsequently get PWND option"

:p

well, took it to firestone (closest place to work) and they swear that the axle, or nothing else is bent. however, they did try to upsell me on $1230 worth of preventative maintenance which I promptly declined.

Looks like Ill live to see another Prius in my rear view mirror, eating my rooster tail of Ohio sludge.

so is the axle bent?(the axle flange itself) not the rear end

The claim it is fine. Maybe im retarded and I just think it looks bent. Is there even a way to accurately measure? Even if you could, there has to be some window of tolerance? (I.E. can be out a few degrees, because there is infact a 4000lb truck resting on top of it)