Chevy Aveo RS

zeitgeist57

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/08/chevrolet-aveo-rs-concept-proves-small-hatches-are-ready-for-a-r/

I wouldn't normally comment on a small car, but I gotta hand it to GM...they made a really good looking hatchback that is so close to production ready, I can't imagine it's not going to make it to market. I'm sure it'll have different head/tail light clusters, aaaaaand I'm going to guess the 19" wheels and fattie brakes are an aftermarket option at best.

GM could muck it up two ways from this point:

1) Not offer the new Aveo in RS trim, with the pimpity interior and 1.4T/6spd combo, or

2) Price it out of market...any higher than $17-18k is too much, and even then I better get good rolling stock and brakes with that price.

Agreed. (The door handles will change for production too) The interior looks production ready and similar in style to the Cruze. I really like the look of the gauge cluster.

should be a nice rival to the Ford Fiesta.

Consider that this is the current production Aveo:

http://www.chinacartimes.com/wp-content/2007/10/new-chevy-aveo-red.jpg

And this is the Beat concept that's been around since 2007:

http://media.nextautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/chevy-beat008.jpg

Now so you see where the design came from?

I agree that from that angle the front ends look similar, but that Audi isn't even on the market yet.

I have to agree with the Deutsche Krew here...my wife's 2000 Passat has a really cool rounded appearance, but with a flat, low-slung lower line that gives it a real "planted to the pavement" look. It debuted in 1998, and ever since then I've noticed a lot of more pedestrian car models take a similar appearance.

Look at the Camry, and tell me (especially the rear end) that it's not emulating a mid '00s Mercedes E-Class.

Look at the new Accord, and tell me the trunk doesn't emulate the "Bangle bustle" of the '00 BMW 7-series.

The Germans (Europeans) lead the way in styling, most of the time...

I have to agree with the Deutsche Krew here...my wife's 2000 Passat has a really cool rounded appearance, but with a flat, low-slung lower line that gives it a real "planted to the pavement" look. It debuted in 1998, and ever since then I've noticed a lot of more pedestrian car models take a similar appearance.

Look at the Camry, and tell me (especially the rear end) that it's not emulating a mid '00s Mercedes E-Class.

Look at the new Accord, and tell me the trunk doesn't emulate the "Bangle bustle" of the '00 BMW 7-series.

The Germans (Europeans) lead the way in styling, most of the time...

Very true.

I just can't look at something THAT small. The Cobalt we just bought is almost too small. I wonder why someone would want that. It's too small to have much power, and it's based off of a Daewoo chassis that is pathetic to say the least.