In-line fuel pumps?

Farkas

Well, I'm considering going this route on my Corolla since I'm going from a carbed setup to EFI. Can't say I've ever dealt with in-line pumps so I don't know much about them. I could just swap to a GTS tank setup with a drop-in pump, but that means I'd have to source a tank and lines from a donor car, which will be a PITA.

The SR5 fuel lines can support a 255LPH pump, and even have a return line already in place, however what would be drawbacks of going with an in-line?

What if all the fuel lines in the car are hard lines? They're all hard lines from the tank to the firewall, and I'm assuming you want the pump as close to the tank as I read they push better than they pull.

...Rob?

Thanks,

Eric

Guest Removed

and running a inline, without a pusher pump, will cut short the life of the inline, if its setup to draw fuel, and some how the fuel bucket/sump gets empty and sucks air.

you can make new hard lines, but it might be in your best interest to just see if you can put one on the hanger in the tank.

and running a inline, without a pusher pump, will cut short the life of the inline, if its setup to draw fuel, and some how the fuel bucket/sump gets empty and sucks air.

you can make new hard lines, but it might be in your best interest to just see if you can put one on the hanger in the tank.

I was thinking this, but wasn't positive. Buy a fuel cell, sump the tank, or find a tank that'll work like you said, because unless you can drop a pump into this tank where it won't have pickup issues an inline isn't going to be a great solution. Personaly I'd drop a cell in the trunk and run an inline, it'd be safer all the way around.

is there room on the hanger for a intank 255?

I haven't yet seen what the hanger/pickup looks like in the sr5 tank, but I'll have to take a look at it next time I'm at the garage. I understand the GTS hanger and pickup fits in the SR5 thank, but again, finding a GTS hanger is the hard part. I don't believe I can even source them new, anymore..

I need to just suck it up and find a fucking GTS parts car.. there's a bunch of other shit I need from one, anyways.

I was thinking this, but wasn't positive. Buy a fuel cell, sump the tank, or find a tank that'll work like you said, because unless you can drop a pump into this tank where it won't have pickup issues an inline isn't going to be a great solution. Personaly I'd drop a cell in the trunk and run an inline, it'd be safer all the way around.

I've considered running a fuel cell, to be honest.. I wouldn't mind eliminating the stock tank and placing a cell in the trunk where the spare would go, but I can only imagine how much the braided fuel lines are going to cost me to run from the back of the car to the engine bay. Although, going that route will ultimately be less headache and less problematic for me in the future.

I've considered running a fuel cell, to be honest.. I wouldn't mind eliminating the stock tank and placing a cell in the trunk where the spare would go, but I can only imagine how much the braided fuel lines are going to cost me to run from the back of the car to the engine bay. Although, going that route will ultimately be less headache and less problematic for me in the future.

True, but why not just use some hard line? Take some time fabbing up some hard line and it'd look great and cost half as much. :cool:

True, but why not just use some hard line? Take some time fabbing up some hard line and it'd look great and cost half as much. :cool:

For whatever reason, this hadn't come across my mind.. hmmm. I already have to bend some lines for my clutch, I guess it would be a good time to learn how to do that stuff, eh?

BTW, Scott.. I'd rep you but I can't rep you more than I already have lol.

you should have kept the one from the orange car. would have saved you time and money.

Guest Removed

could always sump the stock tank(baffle it correctly please) and run hard line back to the stock lines.

even with a fuel cell. run aluminum hard line and be done with it.

do it right and do it right the first time. Sump the Fuel cell and run your pump. Do hard lines and bend them correctly. Just fuel cells are expensive. You will need to properly vent your cell.

Dont forget if you will be using this in a certain class you will need a solid firewall from before the tank to the trunk. Safety First.