FS: 24' Enclosed Trailer

Mike C

Mike and I are going to be doing something different this season with transporting the race car so my trailer is going up for sale. It is a 1996 Wells Cargo 24' enclosed trailer. Exterior color is dark green. I am the second owner off the trailer. The original owner was a friend of mine who purchased it new locally from Williams Trailer. At the time, it had about every aftermarket option available installed on it and he paid about $13k for it. Some of the features are roll up awning, electric hitch, diamond plating flooring/ramp, 110v AC wired, full cabinetry, interior lighting, exhaust fans, ETC.

The trailer measures 24' from front to back. On the interior, the total car length space is 210"l x 95"w x 73"h

The trailer will also come with the class 3 hitch ball, stabilizer bars, and anti sway bar. The tires all the way around have all been replaced in the last year and have little use on them as we did not do much racing at all last season.

The only current issues with the trailer is that the chains need to be replaced as they got mangled up from dragging on the ground on a recent trip by mistake. Also, we've had an issue with the parking lights on the trailer harness not working correctly. The brake lights, hazards, and signals all work. We just do very little night time trailering so never bothered trouble shooting it. It should not be hard to take care of.

Some pics can be seen here:

http://www.dqracing.com/trailer/

Price is $5000 OBO

Please PM me with any questions. I can also photograph anything more specific you would like to see or make arrangements to show it to anyone interested.

What is going on with the passenger side, down around the wheel well area? Looks like it's buckled there or something.

Nothing that I have ever noticed. I think that it could be a reflection issue from the camera. I can check in person when I am there next if it is something you are serious about.

Simply for clarification purposes and with all due respect since I had an experience buying an enclosed a few years ago, are you measuring 24' from the tongue to the rear door, or total box length?

I drove three or four hours to buy a 24' a while back and found it was not a 24' box when I pulled in the guys driveway and saw it in person. It was a Pace and since a friend of the family owns a Pace dealership, I called him with the VIN and he confirmed it as a 20'. It goes without saying that I was beyond pissed at the seller for advertising it as a 24' and again him telling me it was a 24' on the phone. It turns out that the 20' enclosed is 24' total length, (tongue to tail).

So I left his house and bought a 28' off the family friend who owns the dealership.

I am not trying to bust your chops or anything, just hoping I can help you and a potential buyer avoid any confusion or hard feelings.

Simply for clarification purposes and with all due respect since I had an experience buying an enclosed a few years ago, are you measuring 24' from the tongue to the rear door, or total box length?

I drove three or four hours to buy a 24' a while back and found it was not a 24' box when I pulled in the guys driveway and saw it in person. It was a Pace and since a friend of the family owns a Pace dealership, I called him with the VIN and he confirmed it as a 20'. It goes without saying that I was beyond pissed at the seller for advertising it as a 24' and again him telling me it was a 24' on the phone. It turns out that the 20' enclosed is 24' total length, (tongue to tail).

So I left his house and bought a 28' off the family friend who owns the dealership.

I am not trying to bust your chops or anything, just hoping I can help you and a potential buyer avoid any confusion or hard feelings.

No problem man. It is 24' from the tongue to the tail. That is why I posted the interior car fitment measurements to hopefully cut down on any confusion.

Thanks.

• 9 months later...