Sony TV help.

so i am just now getting around to hooking up my christmas present. i got a new blu-ray player. here is my issue though. the hdmi input on my sony tv is input 7, after everything is hooked up and i go to video 7 guess what i get...NOTHING! no video, no sound, no menu, not a thing! I am thinking this sound be a simple plug and play setup, i followed all my stupid directions, and nothing. it is like the hdmi input doesnt even know the blu-ray is there. i had it wired through my reciever and nothing, so i went blu-ray to tv, and still nothing.

does anyone have a sony tv with a hdmi hookup? is there a "setup" for this input?

thanks,

Tom

have you tried anything else with the HDMI? it should be plug and play. the blue ray player should play all outputs and all should show up when plugged in. not like the 360 that when you have the settings set to 1080 and you switch to a 720 you get no picture until you hard reset.

does the tv recognize that something is plugged into that slot? my tv highlights an input and shows that something is plugged in not necessarily turned on.

I would try and use the composite/componet cables that came with the blu ray first and rule out that the blu ray player does not have problems. Also you could check the settings on the blu ray then and make sure they have not been changed - set to use the other outputs rather than HDMI. If that works maybe you have a bad HDMI cable. If you have digital cable box try and hook the HDMI from the cable to the TV and see.

hdmi cables are brand new from monoprice. trying to figure out now if it is set by default for the composite cables however i dont think it is, guess we will see.

tom

Which player did you get? I got the BDP-N460 and also have a Sony LCD TV. All I did was plug in the HDMI and it worked fine.

HDMI input on the TV could be bad. I've seen that more than once, across multiple brands.

Could be a bad cable.

IMO you rulled out the device by trying your upconvert DVD player.

Or you aren't selecting the correct input. Sounds stupid, but did you check the user manual? I know on my two Sony TV's, there is nothing special needed for HDMI (one had 2 HDMI inputs, the other has a DVI).

Don't rule out the monoprice cable just because it's new. I just got one in yesterday that was a dud out of the 4 I ordered. It happens and is the most likely culprit. Just go buy a big box HDMI, test it out. If it works, RMA the monoprice one and return the Big Box cable when you get the replacement.

Mine is a little trickier as the Lowes RCA HDMI is now in the wall, but Ill pull that shit out before I spend $29 for a worse cable than the $4 monoprice one.