Old school honda enthusiast new to CR

Guest honduhboy

Guest honduhboy

Hello all, my name is jon. Im 26 and have been playing with autos for about 10 years. I have a healthy respect for any car that can be competitive on a road course and in the cones, but what i really get into are Hondas, specifically the ones older than 95ish...thats not too "old school", but its old enough, lol.

My car is a '91 Honda CRX hf. Ive been driving auto-x for about 4 years until recently when i decided to go a different route with the rex. Currently, the car is only modified with anything i could find cheap and help the car perform. However, ive decided to completely restore the car with many "high-end" products. Current engine is a D16z6 mated to an 88 DX transaxle. Im swapping that out for a K20z3.

I joined CR cause id like to live there soon. I currently live in Lima, Oh. I was being considered for a job in Columbus, and was able to kinda check the town out while i was there interviewing. Unfortunately, things didnt quite work out the way i had hoped, but i still would like to find a good job in the Columbus area.

When I read "old school Hondas" I thought of old old school Hondas. As in, these cam bores are off-center, these valves are nitrided pot-metal, so let's use differently sized main bearings to make up for wide machining tolerances!

Shit by the 80's Honda actually knew how to build an engine! That's not old school!

Anyway, welcome.