1 Person Dead, Accidental Shooting At New Albany Firearm Range

John Bruh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wanted to commit suicide I wouldn't shoot myself in the chest

I'd have the curiosity to do it in my own home, where everyone wouldn't be kept for interviews for 4 hours.

I've been there before, and everyone I came with and some of the other people there as well were all real polite and handled all firearms in a safe matter, as if it all came naturally.

I'm more-so glad that this was a suicide than a accident/homicide, guns get less bad rep that way.

I wonder if she rented the gun or brought her own. If she came to rent one for suicide, I guess it makes more sense, but otherwise - WTF? Do it at home away from innocent bystanders you emo fuck.

Can't wait to see what anti-gun groups make of this.

I have personally flat out yelled at people for doing stupid shit like this too.

I grew up in a millitary and police family. Gun safety was beat into my head at a very young age. The one thing that always sticks out in my mind, My uncle always told me that in the marines if someone turned around at the range with a wepon pointing the wrong direction it was ok to shoot them or something. I don't know if thats true but it was enough to remind me ;)

I wonder if she rented the gun or brought her own. If she came to rent one for suicide, I guess it makes more sense, but otherwise - WTF? Do it at home away from innocent bystanders you emo fuck.

Can't wait to see what anti-gun groups make of this.

kurt l. said she rented it.

Here is what ABC's report came up with...

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_2148.shtml

Woman, 24, Fatally Shots Herself at Shooting Range

NEW ALBANY, Ohio -- For the second time in 16 months, a tragic shooting rang out at the New Albany Shooting Range.

Surveillance video shows a 24-year-old woman intentionally shooting herself just before 1 p.m. Wednesday. She’d only just walked into the range located on Johnstown Road, saying she wanted to learn how to shoot a gun, ABC6-Fox28 has learned.

The woman was taken to Mount Carmel St. Ann's for medical treatment, where she was listed in critical condition for several hours before succumbing to her injuries, authorities said. The woman’s name has not been released.

An official at the gun range told ABC6-Fox28 that the woman had come in, said she wanted to learn how to shoot a gun, paid $50 to rent a 9mm pistol, watched a safety video, practiced shooting with a trainer and then went to a shooting range stall by herself to shoot at targets.

Minutes later, the woman shot herself. Off-duty Columbus Police Officer Scott Bowman was two stalls over from the woman and saw the shooting. He sprang into action, looking for the wound and giving her CPR in hopes of saving her, ABC6-Fox28 learned.

But, it was too late.

The shooting range official said he didn’t notice anything unusual about the woman when she came in that would have alerted him to dangerous behavior.

It’s the second shooting at the gun range in just over a year. In September of 2008 a woman bought a gun and shot herself in the parking lot.Woman, 24, Fatally Shots Herself at Shooting Range

Posted: Wednesday, January 13 2010, 02:29 PM EST

Huh???

Linky?

KillJoy

It's been a while. I hear this is why they are so strict up there, Powder Room. Im gonna need to start keeping a gun on my hip in the range in case someone gets crazy and decides to off people.

probly steve.

There is a line drawn when you run around CR and Making jokes in every thread. Some funny, Some not And this is not.Thats one smart thing to say you Ignorant mother fucker, i thought you were more intelligent than that.

ANYWAYS....

I talked to New Albany, It was a Self inflicting wound the Camera shows her turning the gun around and shooting her self. News shows that as well. This is some crazy stuff.

Range suicides are not that uncommon. Why these worthless fucks can't go buy their own damn gun and do it at home is beyond me. Quit fucking up my ranges and giving the anti's ammunition, with your emo bullshit.

That said, I quit going to public ranges a couple years ago.