1 Person Dead, Accidental Shooting At New Albany Firearm Range

John Bruh

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/01/13/story-new-albany-shooting-range-death.html?sid=102

Woman Killed At New Albany Shooting Range

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:59 PM

Updated: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:54 PM

NEW ALBANY, Ohio — Sheriff's deputies were investigating an apparent accidental shooting at a shooting range, which left a woman dead, 10TV's Angela An reported Wednesday.

A 24-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the AimHi Shooting Range, 10299 Johnstown Road, shortly before 2 p.m., sheriff's deputies said.

Investigators said the woman died from a self-inflicted wound. The Franklin County Sheriff's Office was investigating.

Detectives said the woman was alone when she entered the shooting range. Surveillance video shows the woman turning the gun around and shooting herself, An reported.

Edited by Benjamin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've felt very uncomfortable a couple times with new shooters turning around in the lanes and pointing loaded guns at me. It's terrible however you slice it, I hope they pull through.

I've felt very uncomfortable a couple times with new shooters turning around in the lanes and pointing loaded guns at me. It's terrible however you slice it, I hope they pull through.

I have personally flat out yelled at people for doing stupid shit like this too.

Oh shit.

I have the details.

This doesnt end well :(

Those aren't details. Is it a secret?

If it turns out to be a wookie-caused shooting I'm going to be very upset.

Gangstas bust a cap? Noobs play too much COD? Girl got ditzy? Come on...

Woman Killed At New Albany Shooting Range

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:59 PM

Print StoryE-mail StoryNEW ALBANY, Ohio — Sheriff's deputies were investigating an apparent accidental shooting at a shooting range, which left a woman dead, 10TV News reported Wednesday.

A woman was pronounced dead at the AimHi Shooting Range, 10299 New Albany Road, shortly before 2 p.m., sheriff's deputies said.

There was no word on whether the gunshot was self-inflicted or if the woman was shot by another person.

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office was investigating.

Watch 10TV News HD and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.

military training = best gun safty

100% true to a point.

This is one reason I don't go shooting with people I don't know. I'm always cautious on every civilian range for this reason. In the Army, I have run many ranges as a range safety. I watched each and every individual in my lanes like a hawk. One slip = my boot upside your head, and me yanking your ass off my range.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the shooting can be accidental if it was suicide, isn't suicide by definition intentional?

edit: nevermind, it says it was called in as an accidental shooting (if I want to give news reporters credit and assume they know what they are talking about); that seems like something standard to say for calling in any sort of shooting for legal purposes.