Get to spend some time with the new M14

Nate1647545505

Just got word my airborne slot had to been ate up since my new orders were cut to Benning, but I was able to slide into a SQDM slot. They are fielding the new M14 which is suppoused to be the hot shit when situations arise. Only bummer is they arent field serviceable, but I guess that is a sign on how tight everything is.

Do you speak of the worked over M24's or might you be talking about the M110? The M110 is quickly being put to good use by the 173rd boys out of Italy, among a few other airborne lawn dart units. :D

The SQDM rifles in some units are just worked over M16A4's topped off with a 4X32 ACOG (Basically a TA31). Now they are utilizing the MK262 ammo which should be the 77 grain Black Hills.

http://razoreye.net/mirror/ammo-oracle/AR15_com_Ammo_Oracle_Mirror_files/heavymatch_s.jpg

Went from Nossler to the SMK for the MK262mod1

Do you speak of the worked over M24's or might you be talking about the M110? The M110 is quickly being put to good use by the 173rd boys out of Italy, among a few other airborne lawn dart units. :D

The SQDM rifles in some units are just worked over M16A4's topped off with a 4X32 ACOG (Basically a TA31). Now they are utilizing the MK262 ammo which should be the 77 grain Black Hills.

http://razoreye.net/mirror/ammo-oracle/AR15_com_Ammo_Oracle_Mirror_files/heavymatch_s.jpg

Went from Nossler to the SMK for the MK262mod1

You know - I had read about the M110 in Army Times and asked the retention Officer and NCOIC who came from 101st and said they were using the "new" M14 in training. I guess they come complete from Springfield with bipod and optic out of box? Final qualification is appearently done @ 800 to 1200 meters - which I'm pumped if theres any truth in that. Either way, if there's an excuse to get range time I wont even care if they give me a m16usket.

Rear Echelon Functional Area = ftl

You know - I had read about the M110 in Army Times and asked the retention Officer and NCOIC who came from 101st and said they were using the "new" M14 in training. I guess they come complete from Springfield with bipod and optic out of box? Final qualification is appearently done @ 800 to 1200 meters - which I'm pumped if theres any truth in that. Either way, if there's an excuse to get range time I wont even care if they give me a m16usket.

Rear Echelon Functional Area = ftl

All the 101st rifles were done by Smith Enterprises aka Crazy Horse Rifles. Check it out when you get a chance. Pretty standard with a Leupold Mark 4, some trigger/barrel work, stocks and bipods. Almost the same set up on my M14 in Iraq, just mine still rocked the wooden stock.