97 caddy deville stalling/stuttering issues

armin922

Wow, seems like this car has nothing but problems for my gf. Well today she said that the car just started to sputter out of nowhere. She said when shes just driving normally everything is ok until she brakes and is at a stop light. She has to give it has to keep it running and it idles really low. When she starts driving again it sputters, and after that it will be normal. Shes telling me all this so im not sure what the exact symptoms are. No CEL/SES light. Just seems like when shes slowing down to a stop it idles irratically. its a 97 with the northstar motor and has about 150k miles on it. She said it stalled on her once while slowing down to a stop. She said she has gas in it. BTW, she said the oil light comes on idk if that makes a difference at all. She pulled over and checked and the oil was full. However she does need an oil change bad. But i dont think that would make a difference. All help is very much appreciated. THANKS!!!

Guest Removed

when the idle drops low the oil light will come on sue to the pump being rpm driven. id say start with fuel pressure testing, and cleaning the throttle body and iac motor and so on. so hard to tell with out knowing the for sure symptoms.

she could be having a miss fire, and says its sputtering