Kart people...

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

I've done speeds like 8 years ago, before they closed, lol that was fun, are these the same thing?

Indoor rental places have karts that range from 4 to 9 HP. A TaG 125cc is in the neighborhood of 27 HP. (last time I saw a dyno) And a KT100 is around 15 HP.

Indoor rental places have karts that range from 4 to 9 HP. A TaG 125cc is in the neighborhood of 27 HP. (last time I saw a dyno) And a KT100 is around 15 HP.

oh snap, granted i was like 16 but i remember having a blast on those things, i guess maybe I'll go out there one day and see if anyone has a KT100 or TAG kart and will let me try it out or something, i'd think if they have 15 or 27hp compared to 4-9hp they would be able to move me fine.

Wish a tag kart wasn't $2500 lol, I'd pick one up asap. Maybe I'll get ahold of that guy on here with a KT100 and see if I can check it out, seems like that might be a good kart to start on and circleville isn't far away.

thanks for the info guys, sorry to OP if i threadjacked, but maybe we can start out together?

oh snap, granted i was like 16 but i remember having a blast on those things, i guess maybe I'll go out there one day and see if anyone has a KT100 or TAG kart and will let me try it out or something, i'd think if they have 15 or 27hp compared to 4-9hp they would be able to move me fine.

Wish a tag kart wasn't $2500 lol, I'd pick one up asap. Maybe I'll get ahold of that guy on here with a KT100 and see if I can check it out, seems like that might be a good kart to start on and circleville isn't far away.

thanks for the info guys, sorry to OP if i threadjacked, but maybe we can start out together?

Mallard is right on about the power numbers, and much smarter than me for reaalizing that this was the best wy to explain the speed difference, haha.

I'd gladly let you drive mine after you got a couple laps in a rental kart and got a feel for things, but if you're 250 you will unfortunately have a hard time finding someone with a big enough seat. My buddy who is 250+ just got a kart and he had to go get an XXL seat which was a bit hard to find.

I can't speak on his behalf or anyone else's but my guess is anyone would let you try if you came across as intelligent and responsible and legitimately interested. Put down some rental laps to show you aren't a complete moron and you might find someone to let you. If that doesn't work offer them 20 bucks!

Last time I was there there were a couple of major league rednecks flying around the track in rentals, bumping into each other and being generally retarded. I love rednecks as much as the next guy but when one of them said "I wanna get in one of them fast ones and see what I can do out there!" I cringed at the thought.

Another thing to note, you are going to have to make a decent investment if you decide to jump into this sport. The kart, parts, trailer (if you dont have a truck or van), gear, etc. adds up. $2500 for TaG with stand, starter, extra parts, etc. is a really nice price. KT100 will be a little cheaper but parts and stuff add up. It's the cheapest form of racing but it's still racing. Regardless I highly encourage you to go check it out.

Why do all of my posts end up so damn long!?

I would be more interested in seeing how I could get my son involved.....are there any starter/training classes for young kids at circleville? He's 6 so he's pretty young. He slings the 4 wheeler around in the back yard which I know isn't the same thing but he does have a concept of gas/brake and how to steer his way out of skids.

I would be more interested in seeing how I could get my son involved.....are there any starter/training classes for young kids at circleville? He's 6 so he's pretty young. He slings the 4 wheeler around in the back yard which I know isn't the same thing but he does have a concept of gas/brake and how to steer his way out of skids.

In SCCA we have kid kart classes (Cadet chassis - slightly smaller & a restricted engine) with kids as young as 5-6.

As far as Circleville, check the kart club links, but I'm pretty sure they have a class for younger kids.