Quick opinions on this SV650

progrmr

What is with that whale tale? Looks goofy. I like the looks of the old SVs- but im with those guys, $2400-2500 max.

Yea, it looks like he had a custom seat cowl job done really re-working the rear end. Says that the rear pegs won't go back on because it was such an overhaul.

I'm gonna see if he can go a bit lower.

Of course, if anyone here has any recommendations in the ~3K price range let me know! :)

oh, to be done with carbuerators...how great would that be!

lol - Not wanting a Ninja 500 - I've had 2 of those and I HATE working with the crappy fairings and headlight mounts on the fairing.

Also not into anything light - haha, after spending last season on a 250 I learned a bit more about how much I don't like wind gusts on a light bike.

Anyway there are some katana's in that range and some cruisers too - have an '02 Vulcan 750 that's really close to my price range that I'm gonna look at tonight.

Some newer GS500's out there too - just have to sift through stuff while I look for the cadillac at the pinto price :)

I bought a 2004 SV650S at a dealer 2 years ago with 4200 miles on it for $3900.00. If you look the deals are out there. Don't rush a buy just to say you bought a bike. I guarantee you won't be happy with it in the long run. Be patient and you will find what you want.

Stay on craigs. People are getting hungry and the first thing they sell are toys.

Sit on cash and dont try to low ball them over the phone. That is rude and rarely works. Go look at bikes you might be interested in with cash in pocket. If the bike meets you expectations on inspection, then try to lowball him with cash. If you cant agree on a price, leave your #, take your cash and walk. There are plenty of deals out there if you are willing to put in the work.

Cash talks, asking "will you take less" over the phone is weak.

I bought a 2004 SV650S at a dealer 2 years ago with 4200 miles on it for $3900.00. If you look the deals are out there. Don't rush a buy just to say you bought a bike. I guarantee you won't be happy with it in the long run. Be patient and you will find what you want.

How would you know what someone else would be happy with? Just because the SV didn't fit your needs/wants doesn't mean it won't be what someone else wants. I am happy with mine and plan on keeping it for as long as possible. You just jumped the gun when you bought the bike instead of actually researching the bike that would fit your needs best.

How would you know what someone else would be happy with? Just because the SV didn't fit your needs/wants doesn't mean it won't be what someone else wants. I am happy with mine and plan on keeping it for as long as possible. You just jumped the gun when you bought the bike instead of actually researching the bike that would fit your needs best.

i dont think he was talking about the SV specifically. he probably meant what he said: if you rush a sale as a buyer, you probably wont get the deal you were looking for or be happy about it.