Tax programs

Buck531

TurboTax since I've used it in the past and it'll transfer my info over. Plus a really nice feature is that it'll interact with my company's payroll provider and download all of my W2 information into it...simple and done.

Buck, you should also know that while it's a bit more work, the state provides a site that you can submit your return for free.

http://tax.ohio.gov/divisions/communications/electronic_filing_options.stm

You just have to re-enter your info a bit.

the "free" version of turbotax is for the simple form (1040ez).

i bought a house last year and have those deductions, as well as a little bit of interest income (~100), and a little stock market stuff, so i dont think i'll be able to use the free version.

although, from the estimates ive been looking at online, i may get back around 1700, which would be sweet.

the "free" version of turbotax is for the simple form (1040ez).

i bought a house last year and have those deductions, as well as a little bit of interest income (~100), and a little stock market stuff, so i dont think i'll be able to use the free version.

although, from the estimates ive been looking at online, i may get back around 1700, which would be sweet.

The free version let me do itemized stuff. Interest, stuff I donated, kids, etc. No charge. They kept asking me to pay to "help me out", but I just hit No and kept going.

The free version let me do itemized stuff. Interest, stuff I donated, kids, etc. No charge. They kept asking me to pay to "help me out", but I just hit No and kept going.

hm. maybe ill check on that version if it has everything i need. i know in the past ive used free version and payed $30 for state, but i figured i'd have to go up to the next one with all the home buying stuff, interest, stocks, etc.

With kids does any itemizing help? The tax credits which come from having kids far exceeds any itemizing I could do.

With kids does any itemizing help? The tax credits which come from having kids far exceeds any itemizing I could do.

Well.. I dunno. The only thing I really added was I donated 4 HUGE bags of clothes last year and I guessed it at around $400.

I got about 1k each for the kids. Also added a few hundread in for the basement remodeling I did (insulated, etc.).

I'm getting about 3k back w/o my wife's return which should help a few hundread more.

so i just looked into it, and according to turbotax, you can only upgrade your program, and you cant downgrade unless you register for a new account.

for some reason i thought i did the free versions before but i guess i didnt. looks like it'll cost me ~$60 to file.

That seems pricey. We have gone to a guy named George Gantner down in german village to do ours for about a decade now. There are a few others I have seen who go to him as well on here. He takes only a few minutes to do our taxes(like 5-10mins), he charges us somewhere between $35-50, and gets us more money back than I have ever received back on taxes. He works only during tax time. He rents a little office and its first come first served, so later in the season it can be a several hr wait. Me and everyone I know who goes to him swears by him.

That seems pricey. We have gone to a guy named George Gantner down in german village to do ours for about a decade now. There are a few others I have seen who go to him as well on here. He takes only a few minutes to do our taxes(like 5-10mins), he charges us somewhere between $35-50, and gets us more money back than I have ever received back on taxes. He works only during tax time. He rents a little office and its first come first served, so later in the season it can be a several hr wait. Me and everyone I know who goes to him swears by him.

i just checked my email, and last year it cost me $27.70 with tax to file.

i may just sign up for a new account to save myself the $30.

I thought home remodels went away years ago, or are you saying you were allowed deductions for upgrading/performing energy saving improvements? Isnt the earned income tax credit alot more per kid than $1K?

I put in $500 or so for the insulation and junk I bought and it accepted it. Shrug.