Who keeps their gun......

russian rocket

i was just wondering who all keeps their gun cocked while carrying it?

im kind of split on this, i know the guns have safeties but in the back of my mind i feel a bit on easy about it.

(btw i carry an xd45)

Whats the point of carrying it if its not loaded? you wont have time to do that in a panic situation, Better stick with a pocket knife if thats the case.

yeah...my buddy showed this to me a month or so ago...claims that it can be done with any gun...tried it with my M&P 9c, not thinking it would work, and i was right

from what i remember seeing online, it was a g35 (i think) and with the long slide and the amount of mass (as opposed to a smaller compact model), it makes it easier with the momentum going back.

thats why i had to find the slo-mo version. pretty bad ass

That thing would have to have a real weak spring. I just tried that with my 1911 and could barely get the slide to come out of lock, without a mag in it.

thats EXACTLY what i told my buddy too, but he claims its all stock...but with the guy doing IDPA style shooting, and there being nothing in the video claiming its stock, i dont know how he can claim that the gun is stock...im sure its been worked over quite a bit

Those are the vids I was trying to find.

That guy is legit. IIRC, he's a Master or GrandMaster class shooter; those folks can do impossible shit with guns. They're crazy good.

It's also been verified by several other USPSA/ISPC shooters. He can do it with pretty much any gun, no weak springs or any BS like that.

On that note, I've tried it with my G23........and I fail. Budges maybe .25". :(

Hammer down on a 1911 + dropping a 1911 can actually activate the firing pin and cause the weapon to fire.

That's why there is the half-cock hammer position. Many guns have this (including my usp45) which lets the hammer sit just off the firing pin assy so that "dropping" it on the hammer can not allow a chambered round to fire.

You'd be crazy to NOT carry a SA pistol cocked. Seriously people. If I can I carry cocked with safety on (as should you), on my other da/sa carry weapons it's hammer down.