Sig 2022

V8 Beast

I fell in love with the 2022 and the p226 today. Other than being more compact is there a reason why this pistol is so much cheaper than the p226. They both feel comfortable and are incredibly accurate... but the 2022 is over $300 cheaper. I figured I'd check here before I picked one up. Dealers on the board I would appreciate if you pm'd me a quote for both handguns. I'll be looking to pick one up in next week.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-other-gun-discussion-area/71378-sig-p226-vs-sig-e2022.html

after reading threw it there wasnt a lot of useful information (at least i think so imo)

Thats exactly the kind of info I found when searching. Even the guy at the gun shop couldnt give me a reason for the price difference other than the 226 was bigger, newer, and easier to take apart. I could see if the 226 was like $200 more.. but I dont see the close to $400 worth of being better. From a firing standpoint and feel they are very similar(imo).

Off topic, but I dont like the new grip texture on the glocks. I originally wanted a 17 but the feel was a big turn off to me.

Off topic, but I dont like the new grip texture on the glocks. I originally wanted a 17 but the feel was a big turn off to me.

Where did you see/try out a new Glock 17? when I was at Vances they had one in the display case but it *looked* like an old gen1 glock 17, I was really hoping they'd have a new one.

As for sig's, how much was the 2022? When shopping them i noticed their whole line was crazy expensive and i think that p226 was around a grand if i remember correctly? Really nice guns but damn they were pricey. Did you shop to see if they had any in on trade, or used?

Where did you see/try out a new Glock 17? when I was at Vances they had one in the display case but it *looked* like an old gen1 glock 17, I was really hoping they'd have a new one.

As for sig's, how much was the 2022? When shopping them i noticed their whole line was crazy expensive and i think that p226 was around a grand if i remember correctly? Really nice guns but damn they were pricey. Did you shop to see if they had any in on trade, or used?

p226was $900, 2022 was $529. Check out gander mountain in Hilliard. I stopped in last week and they had a glock. Its plasticty and pricly feeling for me. It would make sense on a higher caliber gun, but for a 9mm I dont think that much extra tac is needed. On the 2022 it came with night sites, and a changable grip.

p226was $900, 2022 was $529. Check out gander mountain in Hilliard. I stopped in last week and they had a glock. Its plasticty and pricly feeling for me. It would make sense on a higher caliber gun, but for a 9mm I dont think that much extra tac is needed. On the 2022 it came with night sites, and a changable grip.

1. Don't shop at Gander unless it's a last resort. Gander = $$$

2. It sounds like you held a G17RTF. Go find a regular Glock to hold.

3. The rough texture on the grip is nice if you're running the dog shit out of the gun (even 9mm), or you're in shitty conditions. If you're a casual range shooter, it won't make a bit of difference. Get what's comfortable to you.

1. Don't shop at Gander unless it's a last resort. Gander = $$$

2. It sounds like you held a G17RTF. Go find a regular Glock to hold.

3. The rough texture on the grip is nice if you're running the dog shit out of the gun (even 9mm), or you're in shitty conditions. If you're a casual range shooter, it won't make a bit of difference. Get what's comfortable to you.

1. Trust me I know. I was hoping someone here would shoot me a pm. No luck yet.

2. Yeah its was the G17RTF. The older ones feel much better to me. But as far as comfort goes the sig feels like it was specially made for my hands. I actually plan on getting a glock for my wife.

3. I figured it was for the police force, and people that will be using them in adverse conditions/ a lot. If I go out in the rain or snow with my gun I wont be back for 5-10 :p

Actually, I do have a question for you. As far as least amount of kickback and reliability what 2 .45's would you recommend (other than the 1911)? I'm getting a list together of pistols I want to try out.

1. Trust me I know. I was hoping someone here would shoot me a pm. No luck yet.

2. Yeah its was the G17RTF. The older ones feel much better to me. But as far as comfort goes the sig feels like it was specially made for my hands. I actually plan on getting a glock for my wife.

3. I figured it was for the police force, and people that will be using them in adverse conditions/ a lot. If I go out in the rain or snow with my gun I wont be back for 5-10 :p

Actually, I do have a question for you. As far as least amount of kickback and reliability what 2 .45's would you recommend (other than the 1911)? I'm getting a list together of pistols I want to try out.

I played around with the Glock 36 at Vances this weekend. It's 45 ACP and fit my hand pretty well. I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet but I am considering this one for my next gun purchase.

I'm the exact same way... for some reason I just don't really feel comfortable shooting a glock. I bought a Ruger P89 three years ago and I really enjoy shooting it. I like guns like the 2022 because of the size and how well I grip it, it's all about personal preference.

I'm the exact same way... for some reason I just don't really feel comfortable shooting a glock. I bought a Ruger P89 three years ago and I really enjoy shooting it. I like guns like the 2022 because of the size and how well I grip it, it's all about personal preference.

The old ones are ok, just not as comfortable as the sigs to me. If I was planning on using it more often then occasion range shooting I would get the 17 over the p226 just purely for the cost difference.

ganders prices are high, but they always price match vances for me

Thanks!!! Gander is like 4 minutes from my house.. plus no one from the board has given me any prices yet.

Something heavy. The heavier it is, the less likely you are to feel the recoil. Bore axis and the type of autoloading system the gun uses come into play as well, but not quite as much.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I played around with the Glock 36 at Vances this weekend. It's 45 ACP and fit my hand pretty well. I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet but I am considering this one for my next gun purchase.

I'll have to check it out next week.

P226 have a full metal frame which makes it more expensive to produce.

2022 has a polymer frame like glocks XDs, etc

If you like the grip of a 2022, you might want to try out a P226 or P229 with a hogue finger groove grips.

I am a big fan of the p226 and p229, two of the best handguns on the market.

P226 have a full metal frame which makes it more expensive to produce.

2022 has a polymer frame like glocks XDs, etc

If you like the grip of a 2022, you might want to try out a P226 or P229 with a hogue finger groove grips.

I am a big fan of the p226 and p229, two of the best handguns on the market.

Thats what I needed! I found a new 2022 for $450 so I'm going to pick that one up. I cant find a p226 for under $800. I figure for that much I would just get an AR.