Help Me Win A Wedding

konig_twinkies

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have pictures if you really want to see. :p

Between nice real flowers, catering, decorations, the church, the reception site, the DJ, photography, transportation, etc... and not being willing to compromise on quality, it's easy to spend that much. I'm not willing to use someone just because a friend knows them or they are a family member. We could have spent a lot more, but I think we made the right choices. I would be embarrassed to be a part of some of the weddings I see.

I thought marriage was supposed to symbolize a man and a woman vowing to spend their lives together for better or worse. I didnt realize that you have to spend big money for this to take place.

Materialistic we are....

my wedding cost 1,500 and it was catered and in a hall all that stuff. don't see spending that much on a wedding.

Agreed. We knew we would be footing the bill for the wedding and decided we we'd be much happier spending more on a nice honeymoon trip than making a lavish ceremony out of it. I have never been very big on ceremonies anyway.

We only spent around ~$2000 on our wedding. It was outdoors by a small pond with shelter in a nice location. We served food that we made earlier in the day and rented DJ equipment that a family member ran for us for free. Sounds pretty rednecky maybe, but I actually thought it was pretty nice. Very simple, but nice.

I thought marriage was supposed to symbolize a man and a woman vowing to spend their lives together for better or worse. I didnt realize that you have to spend big money for this to take place.

Materialistic we are....

And I thought you were a jackass. I was correct.

A wedding is a show, are you a moron? Half the idiots don't even get married by a pastor, reverend, priest, etc... Why even bother, that's the point of marriage. It was purely religious when it was created. A marriage is between the man, woman, and god. You want to start arguing about what a wedding is, try having a fucking clue about the modern marriage. Now it is a show, a celebration of the 30 minute ceremony that some people actually care about.

I am seriously questioning whether or not there is any intelligence left on this board.