Waterless detailing...

V8 Beast

Out of curiosity, I looked back to that thread that Andy AudiOn19s and Todd TSC17 had posted in.

Here's what Andy said:

There are VERY effective methods of washing cars without a HOSE...and using very little water. Search for Optimum No Rinse or a product from Protectall called Quick and Easy wash. Both methods use 2 buckets of water combined with their product and I strongly recommend using a spray bottle to mist the area to be washed lightly first.

HOWEVER, I've yet to see any of the water free methods that don't make a marred up mess out of the paint in the process

Todd said:

Rinseless car wash products like Optimum No Rinse are great for most finishes. Waterless though? I'm going to have to pass on that. You might as well run your car through the local swirl-o-matic...

It's hard to argue with the advice of those two members. They know their stuff, and their detailing work is unsurpassed. :)

I use Griot's Spray-On Car Wash, but only on a surface that's already free of salt and larger dirt particles, and only with two premium microfiber cloths--one soaked and dripping with the product and the other to gently dry the surface. All other car finish cleaning that I do is with old-fashioned soap and water.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was surprised that today I drove 50-60 miles in the Viewt but really didn't get it splattered--I think it was cold enough that there wasn't water on the roads. However, I haven't been through Columbus since Wednesday night.

Well, the invitation stands if you ever need it.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was surprised that today I drove 50-60 miles in the Viewt but really didn't get it splattered--I think it was cold enough that there wasn't water on the roads. However, I haven't been through Columbus since Wednesday night.

I'll be interested in the future for this, I washed the car in the rain on the sunday when it was 50. It's dirty again. Let us know, I'll come if I can get away from the wife and kid.

I'll definitley need it :nod: Thanx Doc.