will this setup work?

jeffro

hey everyone, my search for a good tranny may finally be over. however, i need some assistance. i currently have a 10.5" king cobra clutch/pressure plate.

my question is: can i use this disc http://www.jegs.com/i/Centerforce/183/384611/10002/-1 with my king cobra pressure plate? or are the discs specific to the pressure plates? i was going to use that disc, king cobra pressure plate, and this tko 600.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151301.

he mentioned having the chip adjusted from 13 pulses per rev, to 3 pulses per rev. is this true? any input from knowledgable dudes would be fucking sweet.

the pulse thing is for the speedo calibration.

you just need a 26SPLINE disc for the king cobra clutch.

does the disc have to be king cobra? or. i tried looking around and was unable to fund a king cobra clutch disc with 26 spline

does the disc have to be king cobra? or. i tried looking around and was unable to fund a king cobra clutch disc with 26 spline

Just buy the whole setup. The pedal effort will be much nicer with a different pressure plate, assuming you would be going with a centerforce plate as well.

You can use a different brand disc with the King Cobra PP, however if you make enough power to have a need for that transmission I'd seriously consider a whole new clutch. Maybe the Centerforce DF, Ram or Spec. Perhaps even consider converting to an 11" setup.

Re-using pressure plates can often lead to mixed results, much like using a specific type of brake pad on a rotor then switching to another brand, they often don't work as well as if they had been bed in on a fresh rotor.

Edit: I just saw that it's a newer model car, so it may already be an 11". I'm thinking in Fox terms.

You can use a different brand disc with the King Cobra PP, however if you make enough power to have a need for that transmission I'd seriously consider a whole new clutch. Maybe the Centerforce DF, Ram or Spec. Perhaps even consider converting to an 11" setup.

Re-using pressure plates can often lead to mixed results, much like using a specific type of brake pad on a rotor then switching to another brand, they often don't work as well as if they had been bed in on a fresh rotor.

Edit: I just saw that it's a newer model car, so it may already be an 11". I'm thinking in Fox terms.

my flywheel is an aftermarket flywheel. i know for certain that it accepts 10.5" clutches as thats what i have now. i cant remember if it will take 11" or not.

there is no way that ill produce enough HP/TQ to max this puppy out, im just sick and tired of going through t-45s.

i was able to find a 10.5" king cobra clutch disc with 26 spline so ill be going that route.

not on the t-45 its not the 3560 is iirc

Correct.

If it's an '03 its a Tremec 3650 (after Borg Warner was bought out). It's similarly weak, but a little different than the t-45. I also thought that all of the GT's after '02 had the 11" clutch upgrade first used in the Bullitt, but I'm not 100% on that. I'm gettin' rusty.

Guest Removed
Correct.

If it's an '03 its a Tremec 3650 (after Borg Warner was bought out). It's similarly weak, but a little different than the t-45. I also thought that all of the GT's after '02 had the 11" clutch upgrade first used in the Bullitt, but I'm not 100% on that. I'm gettin' rusty.

no i have a 02 here with the 3650, and it dont have a 11"..its still a 10.5.

most 02's have the 3650...but the early ones and the t-45

not on the t-45 its not the 3560 is iirc

i just tired to use a t45 shaft on a 31 spline....thats a big NO

i used the same yoke on the t-45 and 3650.

after my 3650 took a dump, i replaced it with a cheap t-45, so i know the shafts are the same.

not trying to argue, but just get this minor confusion resolved.

Yeah, that's only on the TKOs. I had read Rob's post as him saying that's not a T-45 in the car, but a TR3650 which is why I was rambling on about 03's not being T-45s (though clearly you have swapped one in).

Edit: I'm referring to the 31 spline output... I need to learn to use the quote feature.

Guest Removed
Yeah, that's only on the TKOs. I had read Rob's post as him saying that's not a T-45 in the car, but a TR3650 which is why I was rambling on about 03's not being T-45s (though clearly you have swapped one in).

Edit: I'm referring to the 31 spline output... I need to learn to use the quote feature.

then how has he used the same drive shaft with the t-45 and the 3650...:confused:

ok so now yall got me confused. the seller says he used his stock 2002 yoke without any issues.

he has the yoke, so ill pick it up just in case, although, i dont think ill need it.

That is odd. The only aftermarket Tremec trans I'm aware of that was still 28-Spline was the old TR-3550 they don't make anymore. To my knowledge ALL TKOs (old and new 500/600) are 31-spline. Beats me.

Guest Removed
That is odd. The only aftermarket Tremec trans I'm aware of that was still 28-Spline was the old TR-3550 they don't make anymore. To my knowledge ALL TKOs (old and new 500/600) are 31-spline. Beats me.

all tko's are 3550's. i have one here...its a tko1 with the tko600 upgrade.