Made up my mind

V8 Beast

I went to the gun store today to purchase a handgun... fail. I liked my old 9mm.. but i kinda want to try a .40. With home improvements costing more than expected I only have enough left for one good gun or two budget pistols. Since it will be the sole gun for home protection I want to make sure its reliable.

I'm not really asking for opinions, I just wanted to vent. If I do pick something up today I'll post pics.

Edit: I ended up with a sig 2022. Really couldnt see paying $800 for the p226 at this time (almost got a 1911).

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/sig2022.jpg

Comfortable in my hand, wife can fire it (big reason why I got a 9mm), its accurate, has night sights, holds 15 +1, pretty easy to take apart and clean.

(sorry for the cell phone pic, cant find my camera)

Edited by V8 Beast

Hmm, nice looking gun. Looks very well-designed, ergonomically. Should be a breeze to shoot. How much is involved in switching it over to .40S&W if you want to, later?(Wifey should have no probs with .40, and the stats on one-hit fatalities are, um, dramatic)

Thanks. I'll have to go with placement over caliber on this one (no converting). If the wifey ever has to use it she'll have time at the range and 16 chances to hit her target.

In another post i think me said somewhere around 5-600$?

Nice gun, id like to try out a sig someday not sure if i'd invest in one though but nice nonetheless.

Its a nice size, weight, and is extremely accurate. I cant say I will spend this much on a handgun again, but coming from my last gun I need some reliability... and I just got a little bonus check to waste :lol:

nice choice anthony

Thanks. P.S. Its not Anthony... I'm his evil twin :lol:

~The Black Stig

Is this a good first handgun? I am trying to pick something out...

Val put 13 of 15 shots in the center of the target today. Based on that I would say yes if you want to spend the extra money. You could get a similar gun that would do the same job for over $100 less.