Gun purchase question....

Pedro1647545510

Anybody know the laws on gun purchases with a out of state license from a store? One of my friends moved from Chicago, IL to Central Ohio a couple months and still has a Illinois license. If she wants to buy a gun from a gun store here what all is required or is there a additional waiting period? I know Illinois and Chicago have funky gun laws and I don't know if that would cause issues here since they live in Ohio now. I would have them call Vance's but they are closed today. Anyone know off hand?

You need to be a resident in OH to purchase and take delivery in OH. I do not think an Out-Of State ID will work. However, I have seen some local Dealers do some "shady" things when filling out the form.... so ???

Call Vance's and ask?

KillJoy

You need to be a resident in OH to purchase and take delivery in OH. I do not think an Out-Of State ID will work. However, I have seen some local Dealers do some "shady" things when filling out the form.... so ???

Call Vance's and ask?

KillJoy

What he said.... better yet find a private sale!

handgun or rifle, laws differ from types, i believe you are able to purchase a long gun out of state.

Come to think of it, when I lived in Missouri I bought a Remington 870 express with an Ohio ID.