People that took the carry class with me.

Hwilli1647545487

No it was New Hampshire because NH does not have reciprocity, Florida does, download their paperwork and mail it in. The Idea is to get a license in a state that does not have Reciprocity with Ohio so you pick up other states.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio-ccw-reciprocity-map

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

You pick up Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Dakota, Pennsylvania

Notice the fee is now $100.

Edited by Benjamin

No it was New Hampshire because NH does not have reciprocity, Florida does, download their paperwork and mail it in. The Idea is to get a license in a state that does not have Reciprocity with Ohio so you pick up other states.

Maybe I've always been misinformed or they changed something, but I always thought that by obtaining a non-resident permit in another state (like FL) you were entitled you to carry in the states that have reciprocity with that state in addition to the ones already covered by your Ohio license.

Example: Have Ohio resident license and FL non-resident = covered in all states that have reciprocity with either? This is what I always thought, but I may be wrong. I remember in the early days of CCW here many people were sending off for the FL permit even though it was ~$300 so that they could pick up most other states.

I'd like to be able to carry in AL, GA, MS during road-trips down south but have always put it off. Maybe it'd be worth the $100 for a NH license, though it looks like it used to be $20. Maybe that's why it was suggested over FL (cost)?

Maybe I've always been misinformed or they changed something, but I always thought that by obtaining a non-resident permit in another state (like FL) you were entitled you to carry in the states that have reciprocity with that state in addition to the ones already covered by your Ohio license.

Example: Have Ohio resident license and FL non-resident = covered in all states that have reciprocity with either? This is what I always thought, but I may be wrong. I remember in the early days of CCW here many people were sending off for the FL permit even though it was ~$300 so that they could pick up most other states.

I'd like to be able to carry in AL, GA, MS during road-trips down south but have always put it off. Maybe it'd be worth the $100 for a NH license, though it looks like it used to be $20. Maybe that's why it was suggested over FL (cost)?

yeah maybe cost, but he said NH.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Florida looks like it might get you a few more states than NH. He may have mentioned NH due to cost, I don't recall. I just need to get PA mostly because of traveling back home.

Could be, though I just noticed that Nevada no longer honors the FL permit... which kinda sucks. I'm not sure I'd want to deal with trying to take a gun on a plane anyway I guess.

I may have to do some more looking and see what other non-resident licenses would be a good buy. $100 still isn't terrible though.

Damn, I wish i had known about that before. Even at $100 its still alot cheaper than FL. Too bad it doesn't doesn't cover as many states, especially out west, but for my usual travel it would probably do.

The Florida permit isn't all that bad price wise IMO... It's 117 and lasts for seven years. I'm in the process of adding the FL one to mine as well.

Howard, I got my PA permit, I think it was only $35 and it opened up a few more states for me.

here is a map show you can see what states you are allowed to carry with certain permits

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

I love you, but you just posted the same map I posted a few posts up ;)

The Florida permit isn't all that bad price wise IMO... It's 117 and lasts for seven years. I'm in the process of adding the FL one to mine as well.

Yeah, that's not so bad. I thought they were way more than that for some reason. Utah is a decent deal at $65, but its 5 years like ours. So a FL license is only a few dollars more per year. Shit, I may have to go ahead and get one or the other after all.

http://weaponhideout.com/ccw_comparison.htm

Utah may also be an option.

Yup, Utah will get you just about every state that issues CCW, we have some of the most lax "requirements" to CC. Which means we we'll accept most other states... but aren't accepted by everyone else unfortunately (Cali and Nevada can suck it anyways)