Septic tank --> city water conversion?

RyM3rC

We have a kinetico softener, I'm honestly not sure how often it regerates. I'm thinking about every 2 days or so? At our old house we leased a brand new system that used about the same amount of salt, so I assumed this was normal. So 80 or 100 lbs of salt a week isn't normal? :confused:

You've seen our system. It takes those salt blocks, and they last for a while too, like months...not days.

Our system uses carbon for the filter element, and regenerates every 1800 gallons I think it is. Different systems will have different efficiency levels, so yours may require regen more often. But if you can control the regen cycle, up it by a few hundred gallons and see if you can tell a difference in the water (before it regens). If you can't, increase it a bit more. If you can, then decrease the regen point.

Our system is retardedly bad ass, and there is only two of us in the house, so that plays a huge roll. But using a bag of salt every two days just seems like a lot.

ETA: Being a new or old system shouldn't really matter as long as it's operating properly. The set regen period is going to be the biggest factor in how fast the brine is pumped through the filter tank. So the one you guys leased was probably set to regen too often as well.