State Farm is raising Motorcyle rates!!!!!

flounder

Statefarm isn't that great of insurance anyways. They seem like they are a great deal with their rates, well thier old rates. But the thing is they don't cover medical bills. So in the end its worth spending the extra money to go with nationwide, progressive etc.

Progressive is one of the highest and I cant go to NW since they are a client of mine.

You can call your insurance company and change coverages whenever you want typically. As soon as my bike hits the garage for the winter, I call Progressive and drop all coverage except for comprehensive, just in case the garage is robbed or explodes or something. By doing that, I go from paying ~90/month to 20/month, and I technically still have a policy so my rates keep going down each year the policy is renewed. I save a decent amount of money this way; it's probably what the underwriter meant.

this is exactly what the underwriter meant. Thanks for clarifying.

You can call your insurance company and change coverages whenever you want typically. As soon as my bike hits the garage for the winter, I call Progressive and drop all coverage except for comprehensive, just in case the garage is robbed or explodes or something. By doing that, I go from paying ~90/month to 20/month, and I technically still have a policy so my rates keep going down each year the policy is renewed. I save a decent amount of money this way; it's probably what the underwriter meant.

I thought about doing this, but I'm worried that if I go changing things early the insurance company might in turn evaluate my insurance plan before the term is up (pretty sure they can still do that if some insurance adjuster gets a lil' bored at the office) and charge me more money because they're assholes...or because of my ticket last summer. :D

...hell, who am I kiddin, if it warms up one day during the winter I'm on the bike!!! :dj:

When I switched from Progressive to Geico, my insurance went from $105/mo to $150/6mos. Progressive will never get my business back. Now we pay $400/6mos for three bikes. Our bike insurance didn't go up. Our car insurance did like $17 because their rates changed.

When I switched from Progressive to Geico, my insurance went from $105/mo to $150/6mos. Progressive will never get my business back. Now we pay $400/6mos for three bikes. Our bike insurance didn't go up. Our car insurance did like $17 because their rates changed.

I hate how wildly insurance rates fluctuate between people and companies. For me, Progressive is the cheapest; Geico wants an extra 400-500$/year from me over Progressive :mad:

+1. I can insure three bikes for $425/yr with Progressive.

You must have collision coverage on yours.

I think I do. This season I'm going to review my coverages and weigh my options. I'm sick of paying arm and a leg for this crap. Insurance is such a headache :(

After seeing some of the rates you guys are paying, I'm glad I'm old and have a cruiser.

My State Farm policy on the Shadow is $300 per year for full coverage.

But I have a crap load of other stuff with State Farm. (2 cars, house, bike, 2 car loans)

If my rates go up, I'm paying them to stay with State Farm. Why?

I don't know if it's just my agent or not, but every time I need something, they treat like I am their only and best customer.

The first year that I had them, I would get a letter from them every month saying that my insurance has gone DOWN. I still regular decreases from them.

Not many people know they have a bank. I used them to finance my truck and my wife's car. They were at least a point lower on both. The fact that they hold the liens on the vehicles also makes my rates go down. Both times I used them I used the dealer financing first and they contacted me and offered me a better financing package. I don't have too many other companies calling me to say they can save me money.

Customer service goes a long way in my book. It's nice to know the people that will be taking care of you if something gets fucked up. I trust them to look out for me. My wife had two minor accidents and my agent went out of his way to make sure our premiums didn't get jacked. We called around and compared pricing for her, and they were by far the best.

I've referred them to a few friends, and they say the same things that I am.

If anyone is looking for a good agent, I will be happy to refer them to mine.

And no,this is not a paid advertisement. :)