Food Inc, who's seen it?

Akula

Because you know veterinary practices? Hmm, who to believe??? Oh I know, the girl who just passed her national veterinary board licensing exam that had the exact question of "what states require livestock vaccination".

Oh, I see you went back and bolded.

They don't reach the food on your table because proper vaccinations are given in spots on the cow, or pig where the meat is not consumed. Certain portions of the neck are such thin in muscularity that it does not reach any other meat while that portion is ruined.

So are you saying the vaccine components don circulate in the body of the animal beyond the injection site? lol The RNA, DNA of the host used to grow the vaccine will not go out of those areas? lol

Sorry man, but you are incorrect.

So are you saying the vaccine components don circulate in the body of the animal beyond the injection site? lol The RNA, DNA of the host used to grow the vaccine will not go out of those areas? lol

Sorry man, but you are incorrect.

I'll believe the veterinarians on this one, not a Chiropractor, sorry.

got a reference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto_Canada_Inc._v._Schmeiser

Schmeiser then performed a test by applying Roundup to an additional 3 acres (12,000 m2) to 4 acres (16,000 m2) of the same field. He found that 60% of the canola plants survived. At harvest time, Schmeiser instructed a farmhand to harvest the test field. That seed was stored separately from the rest of the harvest, and used the next year to seed approximately 1,000 acres (4 km²) of canola.

That is the case they reference. I've never found case documents in the U.S.

I'll believe the veterinarians on this one, not a Chiropractor, sorry.

Oh... thats right, I am a chiropractor so I dont know anything about this..... lol

You keep yourself blind Monsanto and big Pharma will love you!

As the guy that started this thread I gotta say, no reason to insult people.

This is a controversial topic, if you are interested in the movie - it is worth a look. I would like to see the Tyson, Monsanto, Cargil, IBP movie about how CAFO and Corn are much better for you. I am open to both points, have them show me.

And if you think this thread is just another plug for Farmers Markets, well..... it is. Eat good food people. BTW, I heard Chipotle speak at the OEFFA conference. They are trying to make it work. 700,000 customers per day and almost 1/2 of their supply is ecologically grown and sourced locally. In fact, some store managers go to farmers markets and buy the ingredients they can.

Oh... thats right, I am a chiropractor so I dont know anything about this..... lol

You keep yourself blind Monsanto and big Pharma will love you!

Keep myself blind. Dude, you are arguing against something that veterinarians, you know, the people who deal with this stuff and went to school for this stuff have found.

I'm not the blind one. I fucking hate it when just because I don't buy into someone's opinion they call me "blind".

You are the reason I didn't want to discuss this, because I knew you would pull out the "I know more than veterinarians" and "keep being blind" bullshit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto_Canada_Inc._v._Schmeiser

That is the case they reference. I've never found case documents in the U.S.

one case???

lol

from wikipedia about monsanto

The non-profit Center for Food Safety[92] listed 112 lawsuits by Monsanto against farmers for claims of seed patent violations.[93] The Center for Food Safety's analyst stated that many innocent farmers settle with Monsanto because they cannot afford a time consuming lawsuit. Monsanto is frequently described by farmers as "Gestapo" and "Mafia" both because of these lawsuits and because of the questionable means they use to collect evidence of patent infringement.[94]

As the guy that started this thread I gotta say, no reason to insult people.

This is a controversial topic, if you are interested in the movie - it is worth a look. I would like to see the Tyson, Monsanto, Cargil, IBP movie about how CAFO and Corn are much better for you. I am open to both points, have them show me.

And if you think this thread is just another plug for Farmers Markets, well..... it is. Eat good food people. BTW, I heard Chipotle speak at the OEFFA conference. They are trying to make it work. 700,000 customers per day and almost 1/2 of their supply is ecologically grown and sourced locally. In fact, some store managers go to farmers markets and buy the ingredients they can.

Hey nothing wrong with any of that. I am all for family farms as I grew up on one, have many family members who are farmers, have a gf (soon to be fiance) that works in food animal production, etc.

one case???

lol

from wikipedia about monsanto

That's the case cited for blowing seeds buddy.

Frito Lay has over 1000 contract infringement lawsuits over the years for the same things. Only difference is they were suing over a contract and not patent infringement.

Show me the other cases of Monsanto suing on seed blowing?

Keep myself blind. Dude, you are arguing against something that veterinarians, you know, the people who deal with this stuff and went to school for this stuff have found.

I'm not the blind one. I fucking hate it when just because I don't buy into someone's opinion they call me "blind".

You are the reason I didn't want to discuss this, because I knew you would pull out the "I know more than veterinarians" and "keep being blind" bullshit.

You are blind because you are not using basic common sense. Your a trained medical professional that just passed your exams. Think about what your are saying here. The point is not if you think vaccines are good or not that is a separate issue. You are sitting here saying that the vaccine components don go out of the area that are injected. That is complete false. To even get the vaccine to work, the components have to migrate to more than one region of the body, just like a human. That is why your wrong. Not that you think they work or the don't, your physiology is wrong that is all.

Edited by HAOLE

You are blind because you are not using basic common sense. Your a trained medical profession that just passed your exams. Think about what your are saying here. The point is not if you think vaccines are good or not that is a separate issue. You are sitting here saying that the vaccine components don go out of the area that are injected. That is complete false. To even get the vaccine to work, the components have to migrate to more than one region of the body, just like a human. That is why your wrong. Not that you think they work or the don't, your physiology is wrong that is all.

The injection spot has been proven to be the only tainted meat source in an animal.

You can argue against that all you want, but that's the truth.

And sorry, I don't have the reference for all of that because it is in VIN, my gf is the only one who has that access.

Umm...

Processing of meat is anytime it's cut up, cleaned etc.

Yes, anything touched or modified or otherwise not-as-it-came-from-the-field is "processed" in the literal sense but that's not the use of the word I was going for. When I say "processed" I'm talking canned, frozen, or otherwise packaged for convenience and/or popularity. Examples of these are macaroni and cheese mixes, frozen meal snacks or entrees, granola bars, canned ravioli, etc. We buy incredibly little food processed for convenience and make our own alternatives out of whole or as close to whole products as possible.

A good example would be macaroni and cheese, instead of making a box of god-knows-what mixed with chemicals and preservatives, I make it with fresh, whole-ingredient pasta and real cheese. While both of these ingredients are "processed" they're not processed for convenience and therefore contain none of the preservatives or chemicals in the boxed product, making it magnitudes more healthful for my family.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/askyournutritionist/f/processedfoods.htm

But you knew that, I'm sure you're just baiting.

Make your own cleaning products? That's a great idea...

I'll google that sometime, but please feel free to let me know what you've been successful making/using, Chris...

It's so incredibly easy you'll wonder why you never did it. A post for another thread, or even better a discussion over a beer :) but basically every cleaner contains white vinegar and baking soda, which is exactly what Windex and veggie washes are. To turn them into most anything else (counter top cleaners, stainless steel cleaners, bathroom cleaners, laundry detergent, everything!) involves any order or quantity of castile soap, tea tree oil (a natural disinfectant), citrus oil, borax, and washing soda and different balances of vinegar to baking soda. Need more grit, use more soda in the mix. It's so darn easy. Requires a bit of initial buy-in for some of the stuff (about $60) but the expensive products you use little of and they last forever - when you're making a bottle of cleaner for $0.25 you'll feel great joy. I'll ask the wife for some recipes.

The only thing we don't make a replacement for is dishwasher detergent, we haven't found any purchasable or homemade natural product that performs. Still using Cascade Complete. :)

Man...this thread really exploded.

Anybody have some free range chicken meat I can buy? Shoot, if you want to just sell me the chicken I will kill it myself as long as you show me how to properly process it. Yummy.

I might have one bird left. I will have several hundred over the course of the summer. If you want to come out and kill your own, I am good with that.