Rust

schmuckingham

from the for sale ad

Quote:

1986 Ford Mustang GT, the car has a 306 cu in(unsure of the components in the bottom end) Powerdyne BD11A with 9lb pulley. 345HP/370 TQ on the dyno.

Engine

-Ported heads

-Cam unsure of which, was told it was a B cam

-BBK 70mm throttle body

-Nitrousworks plate NOS system, install needs finished. Painless 4 switch panel

-UPR powerpipe with Lightning 90mm mass air flow sensor

-60lb injectors

-Steeda EGR delete

-Comes with longtube headers and h pipe as well as GT40 non P heads and explorer intake (which was not on the car)

Transmission/Driveline

-Tremec TKO transmission

-3.73 gears

Suspension/Brakes

-Eibach lowering springs

-Koni adjustables up front KYB in the rear

-95 Mustang Spindles with 13in Cobra brakes up front still drum in the rear

-New ON3Performance 28 spline heavy duty 5 lug axles in rear.

Body

-87-up quarter glass and rear GT spoiler

-03 Cobra wheels (actual Ford part just aftermarket caps)

what part on this list, was not on it? all of that listing was on it when it left here.

unported ported heads:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/cars/Picture021-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/cars/Picture022-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/cars/Picture023-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/cars/Picture026.jpg

306 with stock pistons:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/cars/Picture019-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/cars/Picture020-1.jpg

Guest Removed

hence...the (unsure of the components in the bottom end) right at the beginning of the for sale ad.john was worried about the bottom end being a true 86 with no valve reliefs in it, but pulling a plug and , and me seeing valve reliefs i kind of figured their not stock 86er's, and was to hard to tell if they was .030 over pistons. hence his plans on building this other motor for the car.

and john listed the car, with what he was told was in it. which was suppose to be a 306 built by the kid who put it together in lima. all of which we never verified. other then the valve reliefs that could be seen. let alone the fact john paid more for it, then what he sold it for, plus all the money that got put in it while it was here.

hence...the (unsure of the components in the bottom end) right at the beginning of the for sale ad.john was worried about the bottom end being a true 86 with no valve reliefs in it, but pulling a plug and , and me seeing valve reliefs i kind of figured their not stock 86er's, and was to hard to tell if they was .030 over pistons. hence his plans on building this other motor for the car.

and john listed the car, with what he was told was in it. which was suppose to be a 306 built by the kid who put it together in lima. all of which we never verified. other then the valve reliefs that could be seen. let alone the fact john paid more for it, then what he sold it for, plus all the money that got put in it while it was here.

So when you had the motor apart he didnt have you check for either it being a 306 or the ported heads? I can tell stock pistons when I see them and the fact that the casting flash in the heads is as sharp as razor blades. When saying "unsure of compenents in the bottom end" that usually means you dont know what parts make up the 306 not that the compenents are bone stock OEM.

Rob, my problem isnt with you. I have already said what I needed to say to you about my concerns mechanically.

Guest Removed
i never had the motor apart. thought i made this clear several time's already...the farthest i was in it was the upper intake was off, and the valve covers off. we did look down a runner, and i swear i seen port work in there some where.

i never had the motor apart. thought i made this clear several time's already...the farthest i was in it was the upper intake was off, and the valve covers off. we did look down a runner, and i swear i seen port work in there some where.

Well I have the heads off the car and theres not a spot of port work. In fact there is so much caked on oil I dont think anyone ever changed the oil in this thing.

If someone is so worried about it being or not being a 306 I would suggest tearing a head off. If you dont want to do that then take a hit and say it may not be a 306 instead of beating around the bush saying you dont know what parts are there. I am an honest seller, I have never taken advantage of anyone and I always state the condition of the parts. This type of situation isnt pretty for anyone.

sounds like buyers remorse....

you bought a car from a guy who had it in a shop where you could look all in at it and through it he repeated verbatim what he got told when he bought the car and now you want to complain....

its a 24 year old ohio car its gonna have rust. and the motor part if you wanted it inspected that close why not have rob tear it down and verify before you bought?

So now its ok to sell something and state one thing and its actually another? I mean the rust on the floorpan i can understand from a Ohio car but the frame rails are another thing. Why should I have to have the car torn down before I buy it when its a sellers job to know what they are selling. Would you sell a part to someone and say something is in the box when you have no idea if it is or isnt?

Guest Removed
Would you sell a part to someone and say something is in the box when you have no idea if it is or isnt?

HA...that happens all the time. and it does not matter from where. i ordered 3 of the same damn part, and all was wrong, just do to the description . they call shit a assm, when its not :rolleyes:

So now its ok to sell something and state one thing and its actually another? I mean the rust on the floorpan i can understand from a Ohio car but the frame rails are another thing. Why should I have to have the car torn down before I buy it when its a sellers job to know what they are selling. Would you sell a part to someone and say something is in the box when you have no idea if it is or isnt?

Ok Mike I have heard enough. When we spoke, I told you that the info I posted and the info I told you was going on the info I received from Schultz from whom I bought the car. I even told you I had my doubts which is why I was going to build another motor that I knew what it was. Now maybe I should have said, was told it was a 306 in my listing, however for all you asshats that talk shit about a Powerdyne, guess that thing must have been making some power.

Now several things I am going to get out in the open.

First I asked you; Have you looked at the car, have you looked it over, your reply was "yes I looked at it while it was at Gearheadz"

Next....Regarding the floorboard issue. I clearly stated there was a soft spot at the front, you replied "Not a big issue"

A week or so after you bought the car apparently you were at O Reilly saying that I didn't have a clue what I was doing and the parts on the car were all wrong. Well I refer you back to the Powerdyne arguement then. No ported heads, no 306, yet it made how much horsepower? Ok it was the Gearheadz sticker that did it all.

Next I ran into you at Oreilly and you told me about the hole under the driver side of the car, but you did not indicate that was a big deal.

When I bought that car, I had my body guy look at it and he saw nothing that was of any concern. When it hit Rob's again I said hey check it out I do not want to go putting a ton of money into a car that only looks good I need it to be solid. Do you honestly think I would have paid 5300 for it then put all the money I did into it if I thought it was a heap? If I had known about the rust beneath the shock towers I would have had that fixed first. Like I said I did tell you about the soft spot on the floorboard.

Just like the engine, I told you up front....This is what I was told. Now yes I can see your point about the ad, like I said my mistake for not stating I was told a 306.

Look I bought it with the intentions of using it for SCCA, then my idea changed and I spoke to enough people about using a t top Mustang and they all frowned on the idea. I also told you I did not need to sell it. Do you honestly think I would have had it at Rob's being worked on when you bought it if I had known these issues? Seriously?

Now you think in your opinion that I should have removed every nut and bolt and told you all about it? Come on. You post this on here as though I went to your house and robbed you? Yet you do not tell people of the information I gave you over the phone about the floor and about the fact I had no info about the bottom end, and that I was going off of what the guy I bought it from told me.

You told me you were buying it for a driver, I said it would only need aa couple of things to make a decent driver. You chose to tear it apart, and hey that is your business, but do not get on here and insinuate that I flat out lied.

I tried to be as honest as I could with info gained from sources I deemed reliable. As for the previous owner I told you then as you have found out after meeting him and I will say it now, I had doubts as to what he told me. Also, you knew I only had the car a short time, once again was I supposed to pull the engine and give the frame rails a cat scan? OK so I guess I got taken. I did a visual on the car and found nothing that concerned me, I never saw anything on the frame rails. I doubt Caleb Schultz knew about it. Now you kept telling me Rob had a head off, Rob had a head off. I said not that I know of, you said you saw it over there with a head off, well I never had him remove one, nor did he ever charge me for such. If he HAD taken a head off and we knew shit wasn't done, then I certainly would have modified my listing. I am also certain if you had conversations with Rob before purchasing the car, he would have told you pretty much the same things I did. I told you that he thought he saw port work, and two people were there and saw what he did. Sorry but on the phone I mentioned all of this.

Just my .02

Ok Mike I have heard enough. When we spoke, I told you that the info I posted and the info I told you was going on the info I received from Schultz from whom I bought the car. I even told you I had my doubts which is why I was going to build another motor that I knew what it was. Now maybe I should have said, was told it was a 306 in my listing, however for all you asshats that talk shit about a Powerdyne, guess that thing must have been making some power.

Now several things I am going to get out in the open.

First I asked you; Have you looked at the car, have you looked it over, your reply was "yes I looked at it while it was at Gearheadz"

Next....Regarding the floorboard issue. I clearly stated there was a soft spot at the front, you replied "Not a big issue"

A week or so after you bought the car apparently you were at O Reilly saying that I didn't have a clue what I was doing and the parts on the car were all wrong. Well I refer you back to the Powerdyne arguement then. No ported heads, no 306, yet it made how much horsepower? Ok it was the Gearheadz sticker that did it all.

Next I ran into you at Oreilly and you told me about the hole under the driver side of the car, but you did not indicate that was a big deal.

The "soft spot" you refer to is the one underneath the back seat, the one someone tried to patch up. That wasnt a big deal, the spot underneath the front seat support wasnt a big deal either and I missed that one which is my fault. The ones underneath the inner fenders wells set me back but liveable, however the frame isnt. Upon further review the frame is coated with rust from from to back in the engine bay and apparently bondoed at one point. Also the car has been hit or hit something and its been pulled, which isnt your fault nor is the rust. However some of this rust would have been seen with the work going on but as I said earlier Gearhead is doing the work he was paid to do, so again its not Robs faiult in anyway.

The car only made 350, I have seen heads cam 302s make 310 at the rear wheels with good parts so the Powerdyne isnt the end all be all of blowers, hence being dumped for the S trim. I never said anything at O reilys about you not knowing what your doing, what I did say was you obviously have trouble making up your mind about stuff, Then I see you at O reilys and say hi and you give me the cold shoulder, then after the desk guys look at you sideways you finally answer me. Dick move, just my .02 cents.

As far as the internal parts are concerned I would suggest not advertising them as maybe or maybe not being there. Unless you check and verify it dont charge for it, and I wont take anyones word for it anymore.

Doesnt matter now, you have your money and I have a car on its way to a scrap yard.

The "soft spot" you refer to is the one underneath the back seat, the one someone tried to patch up. That wasnt a big deal, the spot underneath the front seat support wasnt a big deal either and I missed that one which is my fault. The ones underneath the inner fenders wells set me back but liveable, however the frame isnt. Upon further review the frame is coated with rust from from to back in the engine bay and apparently bondoed at one point. Also the car has been hit or hit something and its been pulled, which isnt your fault nor is the rust. However some of this rust would have been seen with the work going on but as I said earlier Gearhead is doing the work he was paid to do, so again its not Robs faiult in anyway.

The car only made 350, I have seen heads cam 302s make 310 at the rear wheels with good parts so the Powerdyne isnt the end all be all of blowers, hence being dumped for the S trim. I never said anything at O reilys about you not knowing what your doing, what I did say was you obviously have trouble making up your mind about stuff, Then I see you at O reilys and say hi and you give me the cold shoulder, then after the desk guys look at you sideways you finally answer me. Dick move, just my .02 cents.

As far as the internal parts are concerned I would suggest not advertising them as maybe or maybe not being there. Unless you check and verify it dont charge for it, and I wont take anyones word for it anymore.

Doesnt matter now, you have your money and I have a car on its way to a scrap yard.

First, the rust spot I spoke of that I told you about was when I said there was a soft spot close to the seam up near the front.

Now you are correct that Rob was doing the work I asked him to do and paid him for. We had a conversation as to the frame rails, and as you found out you couldn't see it with the motor in the car. Hell Rob did the wiretuck and I am POSITIVE if he had seen something that was an issue he would have made me aware of it. Like I said, we didn't see it. Now I would agree as I stated earlier, I would be upset about the motor HAD WE NOT HAD THE phone conversations that we did. As a matter of fact in that meeting at Oreilly you even commented on how the guy seemed well less than knowledgable.

As for the Powerdyne arguement, like I told you it would not have been my first choice, but I work with what I have and it was on the car.

As for the dick move at Oreilly, I am bad with faces unless on a regular basis. Anyone that knows me knows I cannot hear shit, however when I realized what the hell, we stood there and had a conversation.

You think I intentionally did that, no I didn't. That big of a dick move would have been followed by the same thing.

End all is this, I said on the phone, I had no clue about the motor, and told you I had not verified the internals. So I guess if taking someones word and info that was in print is being a crook, then I guess I am because I took that guys word ffor it and passed the car along with that info. Again, I think the whole mess sucks, but acting like I puposely deceived you is kind of irritating.

DISCLAIMER- I do not find anyone that I had look at the car responsible for not seeing the rust. Putting that in there so noone can twist it.

You know I relaize that the kid before either of us owned was a complete and total toolbag, I saw it first hand. If I had to guess I would say that you didnt deceive me on purpose but you wanted the car gone quickly and it put us in the current status, that on top of everyone thinking I blame Rob for any of this which isnt the case. It sucks, it really does. I have this nice car here with frame rot and I am stuck with yet another summer with nothing fun to drive, it just makes me angry that I cant recoupe the money I spent to find another car.

Guest Removed

it's all my fault. i made the frame rails rust out. normally when i have seen them rust from the inside out, the outside part of the rail looks like shit, up around the nuts where the k member nut's sit. and when they are bad, they look like the ones in this white vert im going to have to part out since i cant get a title.

still tho, i think the rails could be fixed. hell i have fixed ones that looked way worse then that. hell i want the shell...just dont have the room for it or the time at the current moment

I feel your pain man. You should of seen my 2G, the frame was like fucking gone......thanks to MrB00st on here fuckin robbin me.

I would like to know how you think you got robbed when you look at the pictures of the car and clearly see the shock towers are about gone before you bought it....................

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66770

Just don't see how you can say someone fuckin robbed you when they state it had rust, showed pictures of rust, maybe there was more rust than advertised if so you should have thought to look when you saw holes in the shock towers.

If I was going to lose money I would patch that motherfucker together and drive the piss out of it. I would get my 5 grand worth of fun out of it. I have seen some seriously rigged pieces of shit at the track and everytime they got done with a pass they still had the same smile that the guy in the 20k dollar car had.

Suck it up fix the motherfucker.

If I was going to lose money I would patch that motherfucker together and drive the piss out of it. I would get my 5 grand worth of fun out of it. I have seen some seriously rigged pieces of shit at the track and everytime they got done with a pass they still had the same smile that the guy in the 20k dollar car had.

Suck it up fix the motherfucker.

I have a fix for the subframe, and I would rather pay the money and have to sell some parts than loose my ass in parting it out. The floorpan doesnt bother me but the subframes HAVE to be fixed.