Windows 7

Farkas

Fresh install was clean as could be. Running better, and with a smaller footprint than Vista. I will be switching my XP desktop to 7 eventually. It is a really good OS, and I have had 0 compatibility issues with XP software.

Ubuntu FTW though.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will need a key unless its slipstreamed into that copy of windows.

youll burn the image to a cd then load it like a normal copy of windows 7, but it wont prompt you for a key.

yep the key is slip streamed in along with activation you dont have to do anything, works great i dual boot 7 and os x :)

I had 7 for about 2 months before getting rid of it. I dl'd a copy when it first came out but it wouldn't run all of my other programs like xp would. So i trashed it.

Now i just dual boot xp and ubuntu

Right click -> troubleshoot compatibility -> set to run as winXP. Fixes EVERYTHING.

Why? I'm fully up to date, no issues.

It detects activation cracks and fictitious keys, then annoys you about it not being a genuine copy.

The same type of thing has been floating around for XP for years. As long as you always avoid it you should have no problems. Even if you did install it there may be ways of removing or disabling it. I know there was for the XP version.

It detects activation cracks and fictitious keys, then annoys you about it not being a genuine copy.

The same type of thing has been floating around for XP for years. As long as you always avoid it you should have no problems. Even if you did install it there may be ways of removing or disabling it. I know there was for the XP version.

correct, and for XP just download removewga.exe